I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PM facility

User
Posted 20 Sep 2016 at 18:56

Does anyone else hate the PM facility on this site? 

Why can't you see the rest of the conversation? It's hard to reply to a message when you can't see it. Is there a reason why it can't be like email where you see the whole thread?

User
Posted 20 Sep 2016 at 22:36

I agree whole-heartedy Rosy.
I open the PM on one device and reply on another. This website ( whilst being a lifesaver) has some massive design flaws. The ' find a member ' function is basically non-functioning , as is the ' find a conversation '. I can't even find my own threads ! Every post I've ever made is listed , but when I try and find my own thread ?? Took me 20 minutes the other day to find my own thread as it had been so long since I updated it. I have spoken to PCUK Sadie about it.
But thanks anyway PCUK x

User
Posted 20 Sep 2016 at 23:27

Rosy, you should be able to copy the message you have received, click reply and then paste the message onto your reply. Much easier than trying to remember what was said.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Sep 2016 at 02:53

Yes the present forum format is not a patch on the old one where amongst other things you could find threads using the search facility. This is now filled with a load of irrelevant bumph rather than links to threads members want to retrieve as reference or to add to. I now find it is easier to find such for threads on Google rather than use the unsatisfactory one on the forum. Also, the stickies that have been asked for a number of times have never appeared or drawn a response. I know a big effort was made to initiate the new format and for a time to resolve the bugs that were thrown up but I feel that nobody wants to spend the time or money to refine it further now. Pity!

Barry
User
Posted 21 Sep 2016 at 08:18

I am always amused when it says there are no new posts since 'last time you visited' where the last visited date shown is today, ie now... Nor does it flag new or unread posts so it is hard to keep track of conversations. It lacks a lot of features which are present in virtually all other forum software. I have never used the PM facility though so cannot comment on that.