I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Absent Friends 6

User
Posted 07 Nov 2016 at 13:43
It is with regret that Elise has announced that Elsie Cooper died of Pancreatic Cancer last Friday 4th November, we met Elsie when her husband Ian was suffering with PCa, and he sadly passed about 5 years ago, Elsie did a lot of posting on here in the early days and on B2PCa too. (Which is why I'm posting it on here)

Our sincere condolences to Elise, Kirsty, Gayle and their families.

Chris.

User
Posted 28 Oct 2017 at 23:32

ABSENT FRIENDS 6 list has now closed.

My list of names, each will be prayed for and a candle lit in their memory together with another candle for years past at our All Souls Service to be held at Marston Moretaine on Sunday 5th November, the nearest Sunday to the 2nd.
RIP guys and Elsie YOU will be remembered.

Elsie Cooper
Graeme Torrie
Adrian Hockin
Ralph Valle
Robert Guillaume
RIP to you all and Blessings to their families.

Chris.

And now Trevor Booth.

Edited by member 01 Nov 2017 at 23:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 09:54

This afternoon is our annual Memorial Service for those who have died this year, Absent Friends 6 included, we will be lighting a candle for the 6 names I’ve got, and we intend to light further candles and our own prayers after the Service to remember those from previous years.

I will not be posting an Absent Friends 7 on here, but I will take note of any deaths, then post next October nearer the time.

God Bless
Chris and Shirley.

In actual fact there were 7 names:-

Elsie Cooper

Graeme Torrie

Adrian Hockin

Ralph Valee

Robert Guillaume

Bob Kramer

Trevor Booth

RIP guys, you are not now out of pain so enjoy your future lives with your fellow Absent Friends.

Edited by member 06 Nov 2017 at 09:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 13:42

A very sad loss.

Graeme was a tremendous PCa warrior and a lovely bloke.

His journey has ended after 10 years on the roller coaster ride of treatments.

He and Sheena were so good together, two very warm and friendly people, the nicest you could hope to meet.

Those who had the pleasure of meeting them both at The Mill will never forget the good times we enjoyed in their company.

Sincere condolences to Sheena and all her family.

As she said, he did the best he possibly could for them all right through to the end.

REST IN PEACE GRAEME

User
Posted 29 Oct 2017 at 08:28
Hi Chris

This is such a nice thing to do. We have a service at the church in the village where I grew up on All Souls Day and it is always a respectful but happy occasion.

Kevan

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 23:50

It is with much sadness that I now have to add Trevor Booth to my list, he put up a long hard struggle with his PSA in 5 figures, when most of us are in double figures.

RIP Trevor you will be missed, by us all and especially by Julie and the boys, sleep well my friend and out of pain now.

Blessings.

Chris.

Edited by member 04 Nov 2017 at 23:51  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Nov 2016 at 14:17
Sincere condolences to all the family. Very sad news.

Bazza

User
Posted 07 Nov 2016 at 16:03

Elsie and her husband Ian first joined us for B2PCa @ The Mill On The Soar six years ago, and even though Ian sadly passed away the following year, she remained a staunch friend to us all.

She never missed a get-together, summer and winter, and was the life and soul of our 'parties'.

She's fought an incredibly brave a gutsy battle against terminal Pancreatic Cancer for the last few years, defying all odds.
One sentence sums her up. She was the funniest, feisty lady we ever met.

At last She and Ian, the love of her life, are together again,
almost five years to the day since she lost him.

Elsie, you're free from pain now, but rest assured, we will never forget you,
Our 'Wee Scots Chick'

George, Lynn & Katrina

XXX

User
Posted 07 Nov 2016 at 17:48

Thanks George, I think you have you have said it all about Elsie! I met Elsie over the last few years at the “get togethers” in June and December. Elsie was a "one off" and was always positive with a great sense of humour. This is very sad news.

Condolences to Elsie’s family.

Alan and Celia

User
Posted 07 Nov 2016 at 22:28

Sad to hear this news though remarkable how much resilience she showed. So rest in peace Elsie.

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 07:33

Sad news indeed. I had the pleasure of speaking to her at one of the Flyer meet ups.

Condolences to her family

Bri

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 09:57

Such sad news and our thoughts go out to Elise.

Rest easy Elsie

Roger
User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 23:06

A very lively and outgoing lady as those who attended meets would be aware. Very sorry she has passed away. Condolences to family and friends.

Barry
User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 22:50
Rest in Peace, Elsie.

God Bless.

User
Posted 17 Apr 2017 at 09:43

Just to let you all know that one of our earlier members, Graeme Torrie, scotrasp, sadly died Easter Sunday afternoon.

RIP Graeme, it was a pleasure to meet you and Sheena last February in Dundee.

Chris.

User
Posted 17 Apr 2017 at 22:33
😔BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 03:46
RIP Graeme.

God Bless.

Steve

User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 07:02

D.E.P. ( R.I.P)

Lola.

User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 13:42

A very sad loss.

Graeme was a tremendous PCa warrior and a lovely bloke.

His journey has ended after 10 years on the roller coaster ride of treatments.

He and Sheena were so good together, two very warm and friendly people, the nicest you could hope to meet.

Those who had the pleasure of meeting them both at The Mill will never forget the good times we enjoyed in their company.

Sincere condolences to Sheena and all her family.

As she said, he did the best he possibly could for them all right through to the end.

REST IN PEACE GRAEME

User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 17:05

My condolences to Graeme's wife and family

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 17:47

Sad news today :😢

User
Posted 19 Apr 2017 at 10:53

Such sad news, they are a lovely, funny, kind couple. Sheena and the family will be devastated to lose him.

Fly free Scotrasp xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Apr 2017 at 10:51

Brenda and I both remember Graeme from the MOS and found him charming and outgoing in nature.

A hard fight bravely fought.

Our condolences to Sheena and her family.

Rest easy Graeme.

Roger
User
Posted 17 Oct 2017 at 09:34

It is coming round to the time of year, All Souls Day, when We go to a special service of remembrance to remember our fallen comrades but I only have two names to pray especially for this year, Elsie Cooper who was an active member here and Graeme Torrie, so if you want anyone else prayed for please respond before the 28th so that I can give my list of names from 2016-2017 to our Minister.

God Bless
Chris.

User
Posted 28 Oct 2017 at 23:32

ABSENT FRIENDS 6 list has now closed.

My list of names, each will be prayed for and a candle lit in their memory together with another candle for years past at our All Souls Service to be held at Marston Moretaine on Sunday 5th November, the nearest Sunday to the 2nd.
RIP guys and Elsie YOU will be remembered.

Elsie Cooper
Graeme Torrie
Adrian Hockin
Ralph Valle
Robert Guillaume
RIP to you all and Blessings to their families.

Chris.

And now Trevor Booth.

Edited by member 01 Nov 2017 at 23:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Oct 2017 at 08:28
Hi Chris

This is such a nice thing to do. We have a service at the church in the village where I grew up on All Souls Day and it is always a respectful but happy occasion.

Kevan

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 23:50

It is with much sadness that I now have to add Trevor Booth to my list, he put up a long hard struggle with his PSA in 5 figures, when most of us are in double figures.

RIP Trevor you will be missed, by us all and especially by Julie and the boys, sleep well my friend and out of pain now.

Blessings.

Chris.

Edited by member 04 Nov 2017 at 23:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 09:54

This afternoon is our annual Memorial Service for those who have died this year, Absent Friends 6 included, we will be lighting a candle for the 6 names I’ve got, and we intend to light further candles and our own prayers after the Service to remember those from previous years.

I will not be posting an Absent Friends 7 on here, but I will take note of any deaths, then post next October nearer the time.

God Bless
Chris and Shirley.

In actual fact there were 7 names:-

Elsie Cooper

Graeme Torrie

Adrian Hockin

Ralph Valee

Robert Guillaume

Bob Kramer

Trevor Booth

RIP guys, you are not now out of pain so enjoy your future lives with your fellow Absent Friends.

Edited by member 06 Nov 2017 at 09:32  | Reason: Not specified