I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PFEs.....struggling a bit

User
Posted 24 Nov 2016 at 16:14
Hi, I've started my PFEs after having my catheter removed yesterday but I'm not sure if I am doing them correctly. I can only sense one muscular action that is possible and that sort of squeezes my bottom and 'tweaks' my penis, sometimes causing a few drops of urine to expel......Am I on the right track please?.......Cheers, Paul.....
User
Posted 24 Nov 2016 at 16:42

Sounds good to me. You have to remember back to the days you were in mid-flow and were able to stop the flow. Exactly the same wee-stopping muscles. Don't over do it and read the fact sheet on this site. Apparently there is an app for your phone that reminds you and guides you.

User
Posted 24 Nov 2016 at 17:50
P

Sounds good to me as well, with practice you will be able to isolate the three separate movements, the first as you say flexes the penis, the second stage operates the sphincter and the third stage clenches the bum.

A frequent bit of advice is imagine trying to stop yourself from passing wind. Not to be done too often but when you are urinating try to stop mid stream, you may find you finish up clenching the bum but Still cannot stop the flow, don't worry it will improve.

Do not exhaust yourself doing too many PFEs.

This week I have stopped drinking caffeine after 18.00 and have gone through the night without getting up instead of visiting the loo anything up to six times a night.

Following my post op incontinence at night I wore a tenna2 pad inside some snug briefs and a pair of tenna4 pants over the top. I did a fair bit of travelling so bed protectors were not that practical.

Probably to early for this but at some point you need to believe in your head that you are no longer going to be incontinent.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 17:25
Hi Paul,

What works for me is to stand in front of mirror( full length if you have one )and looking at your penis raise it using your muscles ( this would be your pelvic floor muscle ) and count to 15, do this three times.

On a daily routine 3 times a day, best of luck.

James

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Nov 2016 at 16:42

Sounds good to me. You have to remember back to the days you were in mid-flow and were able to stop the flow. Exactly the same wee-stopping muscles. Don't over do it and read the fact sheet on this site. Apparently there is an app for your phone that reminds you and guides you.

User
Posted 24 Nov 2016 at 17:50
P

Sounds good to me as well, with practice you will be able to isolate the three separate movements, the first as you say flexes the penis, the second stage operates the sphincter and the third stage clenches the bum.

A frequent bit of advice is imagine trying to stop yourself from passing wind. Not to be done too often but when you are urinating try to stop mid stream, you may find you finish up clenching the bum but Still cannot stop the flow, don't worry it will improve.

Do not exhaust yourself doing too many PFEs.

This week I have stopped drinking caffeine after 18.00 and have gone through the night without getting up instead of visiting the loo anything up to six times a night.

Following my post op incontinence at night I wore a tenna2 pad inside some snug briefs and a pair of tenna4 pants over the top. I did a fair bit of travelling so bed protectors were not that practical.

Probably to early for this but at some point you need to believe in your head that you are no longer going to be incontinent.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 17:25
Hi Paul,

What works for me is to stand in front of mirror( full length if you have one )and looking at your penis raise it using your muscles ( this would be your pelvic floor muscle ) and count to 15, do this three times.

On a daily routine 3 times a day, best of luck.

James

User
Posted 26 Nov 2016 at 23:18

Hi Paul

I have started my PFEs in preparation for the operation, and I have been trying out several of the free apps to help with the exercises - just helps focus with the automatic timers etc. Search for Pelvic Floor or Kegel.

Keep squeezing!

Chris