Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Me and my daughter

User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 08:22
Good morning all

For those of you aware of my story. I took my 17 year old daughter to the dermatologist yesterday and she does not have skin cancer. Thank you all for your kind words of concern.

It's Tuesday morning. I'm going into work a bit late. I'm just sort of frozen in bed, feeling grumpy, tired and apprehensive. Three days until major surgery that will change my life.

Prostate school and cystoscopy tomorrow.

Walter

User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 10:16

Glad to hear about your news !
This bit is really difficult. Nights of worry and days of stress. But on the day you will breeze through it. Life will be very difficult but a new norm can be found in time.
All the best Walter
Chris

User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 10:17
Hi Walter

So pleased to hear the news about your daughter that must be a relief for you all and one less thing for you to worry about.

You wouldn't be human if you weren't apprehensive about the op and I can't pretend to know what this must be like at your age but you will come through it. It is an operation and so things will take time to heal and adjust but don't rush it and hopefully all will be well.

Will be thinking of you.

Kind regards

Kevan

User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 11:44
Hi,

Wonderful news about your daughter. You must be very relieved.

Good Luck for Friday. You'll get on fine.

Take care.

Steve

User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 11:49

Very pleased to hear about your daughter Walter, it's one worry less off your mind at any rate.

Once the operation is done and dusted you'll be concentrating on recovery. Just remember to do everything they tell you and not get carried away trying to do too much too soon, just to prove you can cope.

Your body is going to need a bit of TLC in order to make a full recovery.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 11:52
Friday will come and Friday will go. Hopefully too will all your cancer. You will emerge from this changed but stronger, feeling a little different at first but as you step on the road to recovery, you will get stronger, bolder, more confident and ready to take on the day as you were before diagnosis. Cancer may be the very worst that can happen to a person but in some, no most cases, it brings out the very best in us as humans - and so it will with you.

Go well brother.

Bazza (Barry)

User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 17:02

Agree with all the advice and comments above. Plus do not worry about the cystoscopy it's really quite painless.

Good luck

Bri