I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Good/Bad Foods/Beverages for PCa

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 01:43

Food and drink we are told can play a significant part in some cases of whether men get PCa.  Unfortunately,  most men on this site already have PCa, so at this stage it is not clear just how much benefit they will gain from making changes now, although some advantage is mentioned in part and there are other cancers that might be prevented by more careful discrimination in what we eat, how it is cooked and beneficial beverages.  This is an interesting video from a respected source.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEmU4SvVE3U

Barry
User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 11:05

There's loads of information on the internet about how lifestyle, diet, and other non-medical interventions can help in cancer ..

Trouble is, much of it is fiction, some of it is a scam to part you from your money, and only a small bit of it is true .. and even a smaller bit proven to be true.

And what's worse, is that it's virtually impossible to separate the good stuff from the snake oil.

My rule of thumb is that if it doesn't cost a lot, and doesn't have side effects, it may be worth thinking about. But I won't spend, or accept ill effects on the off-chance of some possible future benefit.

We live in an age of science; we should KNOW if these things are helpful. And if these things haven't been tested, it's often because the scammers know they won't pass.

User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 12:50

Yes Andrew, indeed there is a lot of snake oil out there and because there is no mileage in drug companies, who often run trials, doing so on diet, there is a lack of reliable data. This makes rare studies by well respected sources of particular value .

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 12:10

Thanks manwith

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 13:05

Those interested in the influence of lifestyle, including diet, on cancer might want to have a look at this site. It is endorsed by the oncology consultant involved in the POMI-T trials.

User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 11:05

There's loads of information on the internet about how lifestyle, diet, and other non-medical interventions can help in cancer ..

Trouble is, much of it is fiction, some of it is a scam to part you from your money, and only a small bit of it is true .. and even a smaller bit proven to be true.

And what's worse, is that it's virtually impossible to separate the good stuff from the snake oil.

My rule of thumb is that if it doesn't cost a lot, and doesn't have side effects, it may be worth thinking about. But I won't spend, or accept ill effects on the off-chance of some possible future benefit.

We live in an age of science; we should KNOW if these things are helpful. And if these things haven't been tested, it's often because the scammers know they won't pass.

User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 12:50

Yes Andrew, indeed there is a lot of snake oil out there and because there is no mileage in drug companies, who often run trials, doing so on diet, there is a lack of reliable data. This makes rare studies by well respected sources of particular value .

Barry
User
Posted 17 Nov 2017 at 15:06

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171013103623.htm maybe of interest..