Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pelvic pain

User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 15:03

Hi everyone,

Recently had a PSA at 1.6 at the age of 32 and a clear DRE. GP and consultant said nothong to worry about just something to monitor in the future.  Ive been worried sick these past few months with "what ifs" but now I have pain around the bladder area after exercise and it is sore when I sneeze. I visited the GP who said he didnt think it was prostate related so Im after some advice on this please.

P.S it does subside with rest

Cheers

User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 17:50

Did he/has he checked you for an infection ~Mick?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 17:56
He didn't tbh. Just asked if it could be a STI which I didn't think so. I've done a urine test at work for bacteria.

It's with the rest and reduction in symptoms

Strange one!

User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 12:16

Hi Mick

I assume the reason you had a PSA at 32 was because your family PC history......

If you are STILL "worried sick" about PC perhaps going private for an CT/MRI may be useful...if only to give you another 18 years or so of peace of mind....

I did not have ANY symptoms at all...it was a routine blood test I asked my GP....and I'm glad i did it!

User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 14:03

Cheers Bill. Neither my dad or brother had symptoms. I think Ill have a restest soon to check for any fluctuation and go from there.

User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 20:02

You could consider having a PCA3 test which is another marker for PCa. As with a PSA test it is not a definitive test for PCa and is usually considered along with a PSA test result. When it was referred to on the forum several years ago it was of the order of £300, so less expensive than an MRI scan. This is a reference to it by Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/cancer-questions/the-pca3-test-for-prostate-cancer

Barry