I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Twinges & Aches

User
Posted 31 Dec 2016 at 12:07
Hi All.....I'm 8 weeks on from my RP and it's going well so far....inconitence is diminishing but over the last two days I keep getting these odd twinges of a 'funny' pain in the tip of my penis.....not very painful more of a discomfort.....wondering if it is just part of the healing process or something to be concerned about?.....any experience/advice would be very welcome and appreciated....Cheers, Paul.....
User
Posted 31 Dec 2016 at 12:46

Hi Paul
As long as you are not in severe pain when urinating and no discharge , then it is very unlikely this needs to be worried about so soon post op. I had many aches in my bladder area and still have 18 months on. My testicles could barely be handled for nearly 3 months after. Everything is weird and I had numbness everywhere and very weak orgasm sensation which has improved.
Remember it is huge surgery to a man's most delicate area. Get well soon

User
Posted 31 Dec 2016 at 17:18

I have no knowledge or experience of your operation Paul, but common sense dictates that 8 weeks post op is no time at all in the scheme of recovery. Inside has got to heal and nerve damage is a funny old thing, sending pain a long way from where you would expect it to be

Chris is so right about the pain and discharge and I would add no fever or flue like symptoms to that list.

Probably too late to get anything from the chemist now but don't some of the men use lidocaine for catheter discomfort.

Perhaps that might help

Edited by member 31 Dec 2016 at 17:19  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 31 Dec 2016 at 18:43
Paul

Good advice already, I still get twinges and a short stinging pain for a few seconds several times a day. Remember half the controls of your plumbing system have been messed about with. I had a period where the only way I knew I had stopped urinating was to look to see if I had stopped.

Good that your continence is improving.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 02 Jan 2017 at 17:12
Hi Paul...I'm was about 8 -10 weeks post op and was experiencing all sorts of weird aches, sensations and pains...i realised that my 'plumbing' has undergone a real battering and needed time to recover...😉...I've learned that patience is the key...I'm glad that your incontinence is settling down...this is still my one Bain!!! Keep grinning Paul...take care..Nick
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 31 Dec 2016 at 12:46

Hi Paul
As long as you are not in severe pain when urinating and no discharge , then it is very unlikely this needs to be worried about so soon post op. I had many aches in my bladder area and still have 18 months on. My testicles could barely be handled for nearly 3 months after. Everything is weird and I had numbness everywhere and very weak orgasm sensation which has improved.
Remember it is huge surgery to a man's most delicate area. Get well soon

User
Posted 31 Dec 2016 at 17:18

I have no knowledge or experience of your operation Paul, but common sense dictates that 8 weeks post op is no time at all in the scheme of recovery. Inside has got to heal and nerve damage is a funny old thing, sending pain a long way from where you would expect it to be

Chris is so right about the pain and discharge and I would add no fever or flue like symptoms to that list.

Probably too late to get anything from the chemist now but don't some of the men use lidocaine for catheter discomfort.

Perhaps that might help

Edited by member 31 Dec 2016 at 17:19  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 31 Dec 2016 at 18:43
Paul

Good advice already, I still get twinges and a short stinging pain for a few seconds several times a day. Remember half the controls of your plumbing system have been messed about with. I had a period where the only way I knew I had stopped urinating was to look to see if I had stopped.

Good that your continence is improving.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 02 Jan 2017 at 17:12
Hi Paul...I'm was about 8 -10 weeks post op and was experiencing all sorts of weird aches, sensations and pains...i realised that my 'plumbing' has undergone a real battering and needed time to recover...😉...I've learned that patience is the key...I'm glad that your incontinence is settling down...this is still my one Bain!!! Keep grinning Paul...take care..Nick
User
Posted 17 Jan 2017 at 15:58
Hi, all the twinges and aches at the tip,of my penis stopped as soon as the stent was removed between my bladder and right kidney.....the doctor thought it was probably catching or irritating in my bladder and causing a transfer of the sensations......anyway since it came out all has been fine.....happened straight away as well....
Paul....