Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I think it's back!

User
Posted 02 Jan 2017 at 14:41
Hi all!

I am not new to this site, having browsed it since my diagnosis in May 2015 - following a TURP

Since then I have been on active surveillance as the TURP seemingly cleared the cancer by default.

However, following a raised PSA (3.6) from 2.3 in 6 months & a new nodule found on my prostate (7 Dec); I find the need to join the community & ask anyone out their if something similar has happened to them.

My consultant has requested an MRI (awaiting results)

I am concerned as a nodule has reappeared within a six months period between check ups and only 18 months have elapsed since the cancer was taken away?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Cheers

Splat

User
Posted 02 Jan 2017 at 16:13

Hello Splat and belated welcome.

Hopefully somebody with the experience you need will be along to help

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Jan 2017 at 18:09

Hi Pat

Sorry you find yourself back here.

Was the nodule found during a DRE?  How was the PCa diagnosed previously?

Has the consultant also scheduled a biopsy after the MRI?

Chris

User
Posted 02 Jan 2017 at 18:53
Hi Chris

The nodule was found during a routine 6 month check up on the 7th December and MRI was done on the 14th December- still awaiting result and whether or not a follow up biopsy has been scheduled.

The PCa was first diagnosed following a TURP procedure performed in May 2015 whereby clippings were found to have a Gleason score of 6.

Biopsies showed that the PCa was within the centre of the prostate and that by default the PCa was gone - hence active surveillance from May 2015 to now.

Obviously the recent discovery of the nodule had instigated the latest MRI (7th Dec).

Feeling anxious as the lengthy Xmas break has prolonged the result?

Cheers

Splat

User
Posted 02 Jan 2017 at 22:23

It is possible that not all the cancer was removed or that some has regrown but this is being investigated and it's a question of waiting the result of the MRI and quite possibly a biopsy which unfortunately may result in a yet longer wait before you know how you stand.

Barry
User
Posted 03 Jan 2017 at 08:11

Hi Pat

As Barry said, it could be a margin was left or it has regrown, but at least they are on it quickly because of your regular check-ups. Having read other recent posts, the Xmas break hasn't been great for a number of people awaiting results, but hopefully it will be back to normal now.

I would recommend adding your history to your profile so you don't have to repeat it in the future, and people can give more qualified responses when they know your history.

Good luck with the results, and as you already know, this is a great resource to ask any questions or get support.

Chris

User
Posted 03 Jan 2017 at 08:17
Thanks Chris

I'll update my profile

Cheers

Pat