I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Should we be happy ?

User
Posted 17 Jan 2017 at 20:55
My husband had his RP 7 th December 2016 - he had his first blood test on Monday - he has to collect the blood test results and take them to the hospital where he had the op , so we will see his PSA results .

My question is should we get excited if his PSA levels are low or should we wait till he gets all the results when we attend the first app since his op next Tuesday ?

Thank you

"I don't believe in anything , but in you ...... I do !

User
Posted 17 Jan 2017 at 20:55
My husband had his RP 7 th December 2016 - he had his first blood test on Monday - he has to collect the blood test results and take them to the hospital where he had the op , so we will see his PSA results .

My question is should we get excited if his PSA levels are low or should we wait till he gets all the results when we attend the first app since his op next Tuesday ?

Thank you

"I don't believe in anything , but in you ...... I do !

User
Posted 17 Jan 2017 at 22:49

You can feel relieved if you get a nice low PSA but best not to get excited until a) you have the full pathology next week and b) you have a solid couple of years of low PSA

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Jan 2017 at 10:17

Phew!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Jan 2017 at 22:49

You can feel relieved if you get a nice low PSA but best not to get excited until a) you have the full pathology next week and b) you have a solid couple of years of low PSA

User
Posted 18 Jan 2017 at 15:18
Hi Lyn

PSA result is in 0.1

Thank you for your reply

User
Posted 18 Jan 2017 at 21:07

Hi just to be clear was there a < symbol before the 0.1. It's just some labs do a sensitive test and others a standard test. Don't want to patronise you but just in case you don't know the < symbol means less than.

Bri

User
Posted 19 Jan 2017 at 10:01
Hi it was <0.1

Thank you

User
Posted 19 Jan 2017 at 10:17

Phew!

User
Posted 19 Jan 2017 at 21:42

That's great news

Bri