Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

urine issues

User
Posted 18 Jan 2017 at 09:01

Hi All

A quick update first. I had my RP (open surgery)on the 21st November and since then everything has gone very well with a PSA now of 0.04. Although I have ED the other issue I was worried about has not appeared in that I have been dry from a week after coming out of hospital. However last Tuesday  I started to suffer from pain in my penis when I urinated. I went to my doctor I supplied a sample of urine for analysis which came back negative for infection but was given antibiotics for 4 days. It all seems to clear up until last night when it flared up again. Also for the last 3 days I have had loose movements of the bowel. I am now getting really worried. I live in France so support is pretty limited so any thoughts would be really helpful. I am going to try to speak to a macmillan nurse this morning.

User
Posted 18 Jan 2017 at 14:40

Afternoon dogginut. Hope you managed to speak to a Macmillan nurse by now and got yourself sorted.

Your operation (open surgery at that) isn't all that long ago and it's probable that things are still healing inside.

Is it possible you have been overdoing things and perhaps lifting heavy objects.

If you haven't had any joy contacting a Macmillan perhaps you could try ringing one of the nurses on this site for advice

Edited by member 18 Jan 2017 at 17:07  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 18 Jan 2017 at 15:43

Dogginut

Is your flow rate still good or has it dropped off during the months since your surgery. I tend to get discomfort in the penis when my flow is slow ?  Does your penis swell when you get the pain ?

As already said there is still a lot of healing happening in your body.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 Jan 2017 at 11:28

Back on antibiotics and cleared up now thankfully. The best guess is diet so I have cut out the tea and coffee and just drinking green tea and the odd glass of red. All we can do is monitor and see what happens. Thanks for your advice I am probably trying to run before I can walk.