I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Undectectable PSA (again!)

User
Posted 25 Jan 2017 at 18:29
My PSA was undetectable until December 2015 - during 2016 it increased from 0.03 to 0.13 and my Onco prescribed 20 sessions of salvage RT in January 2016. My PSA gradually declined and I've just had my latest result which is undetectable (>0.02) so feeling very relieved. With my DX I'll still need to be monitored closely but for now I'm going to make the most of it!

In was G9/T3 at DX so I hope this gives those of you in similar circumstances some hope.

Andrew

User
Posted 25 Jan 2017 at 21:44

Hi Andrew,

An excellent result, and a good attitude.

Enjoy your good news. 

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2017 at 22:10

Andrew,

A great result - all looking good!

Flexi

User
Posted 25 Jan 2017 at 22:22
Andrew

Thank you for sharing your experience I am in a similar position to how you were a few months ago, but I am being offered a totally different path which I do not wish to take. I am seeing my nurse tomorrow, the consultant and hopefully an oncologist next week.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 Jan 2017 at 22:24
Andrew

I'm 46, pT3b and G9, so your story gives hope. Thank you.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 26 Jan 2017 at 07:24

Great news Andrew, long may it continue

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Jan 2017 at 07:31

Hi Andrew great news ,my OH is also G9 but unfortunately had spread to lymph nodes .after undergo early chemo and now on arm j of stampede trial he's psa has been undetectable for about 9 months and it's a great feeling ,we all know this can change quite quickly but we try to live by today's results and only worry when things change ,hopefully not to soon !
Good luck for the future
Debby