I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Any Thoughts gratfully recieved

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 10:10

Hello fellow forum users  I would be grateful for any advice or thoughts please. I had RP in December 15 at point of treatment I had a G 3+4 and PSA of 5.7 and a post op rise of 0.1 then 0.2  and another 0.2 advised to have ebt which I commenced in July 16 and  completed in August 16. Today I obtained my first PSA results after this Salvage treatment which have come back at 0.1. I see the Oncologist next week to review .

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 13:55

Hi Andrew,

It looks like the EBT is doing it's thing, I say "doing" because, as I understand it, it continues to work on PCA cells well after the dose(s) is given.  Hopefully your next PSA test will be even lower!

Flexi

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 19:44

If you are not on HT then something seems to be working as the PSA has droppe. It took my PSA 2.5 years to drop from 0.087 to 0.01 following adjuvant RT after my PSA started creeping up after my RP

Bri

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 13:55

Hi Andrew,

It looks like the EBT is doing it's thing, I say "doing" because, as I understand it, it continues to work on PCA cells well after the dose(s) is given.  Hopefully your next PSA test will be even lower!

Flexi

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 18:27

Sorry to see that - it may be that the active cancer was not in the prostate bed after all. Are you on HT as well?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 18:30

Sorry just reading this again. Did the PSA rise to 0.2 and then stay there until the most recent test or did you mean that it rose from 0.1 to 0.3 and then 0.5?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 19:18

Hi Lyn my PSA rose from 0.1 to 0.2 which remained at that level prior to my salvage therapy todays post salvage PSA has returned to 0.1

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 19:25

And are you on HT?

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 19:44

If you are not on HT then something seems to be working as the PSA has droppe. It took my PSA 2.5 years to drop from 0.087 to 0.01 following adjuvant RT after my PSA started creeping up after my RP

Bri

User
Posted 02 Feb 2017 at 09:06

Hi Lyn I am not on any hormonal medication but I see the  Consultant  next week for review so  I am not sure what happens next.