Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

How long does SRT take to work? - salvage radiotherapy

User
Posted 09 Mar 2018 at 13:21

Thanks, again, Lyn. John's slight rise etc is several years post SRT. Mine seemed to drop from where it probably was (0.2) at time of SRT down to 0.03/0.05 well within the year. Just seems odd that at 14 months it should be up at 0.1, rather than maintaining the sub 0.1 So it's the SHORT time that it's got back up to 0.1, rather than years later, like John's, which would have been nice, to say the least? Lots of crying - again - but there we are.

Edited by member 09 Mar 2018 at 17:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 12 Mar 2018 at 13:21

good day fellow sufferers and esteemed professionals.

Ok so first time at this so bare with me if I go over old ground. Reason for my inclusion is that I have hit a brick wall when it comes to my healthcare and looking for a way forward. I guess you may call me lucky in some respects as I have survived prostate Ca for nearly 19 years, my surgeon Urologist has retired so have been referred locally. now the fun begins. Long story short, I have rising PSA. 2 Choline PET scans prove negative. been told this morning PSMA PET scan is £3000 if I want to move forward. failing that Hormone therapy (which I take intermittently anyway) wait till PSA hits double figures and re-scan or I can sign myself off ... I feel I have been thrown to the wolves .. believe Royal Marsden offers the scan, and I'm awaiting response. any other ideas?? 

User
Posted 12 Mar 2018 at 13:53
Sorry Spook but you have started this thread in David's so your post is not relevant there. Perhaps start your own thread and you will then probably get some answers.😊