Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

After chemotherapy.. what now??

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 20:20
Hi again everyone.
My dad has just finished his 6 sessions of doxetaxal chemotherapy. Today he had his bone scan and next week he will have a CT scan. The follow up with the consultant is one month after these tests.. which seems like such a long wait to be thinking over things. Is this wait normal?
Also, for anyone who has had the chemotherapy what were your next steps, how are you coping?

Thank you
User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 23:39

I too completed my 6 cycles of docataxel chemotherapy. Completed on a tuesday this week and I am seeing the consultant on tuesday next week to run through things and agree the next step. I assume that will involve another Pet scan, but I will be guided by him.

I am coping very well as my Psa has come down to 0.3, so feel we are making progress, but time will tell, also very few side effects from the Chemo which all helps.

Regards

Dave

"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 07:37

Hi my OH had the chemo which went really well ,psa level went down to 00.01 , it's been approx 8 months since the last session and thankfully psa still the same . Gary had to wait 3 weeks for the next app mainly due to the time scale dictated by the stampede trial which he's been on since then (arm j) .i think they leave it a short time because of getting better blood readings and to see if any side effects recede ,
Best wishes
Debby

Also to Dave Stuartt ..your message at the end is spot on and really encouraging

Edited by member 17 Feb 2017 at 07:38  | Reason: Not specified