I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chemo and vitamins

User
Posted 19 Feb 2017 at 21:04
Hi all. My OH is about to start chemo (docetaxel) in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if I should start him in some vitamins to boost his immune system. Have seen a few posts on here but have seen a couple saying that they stopped while having chemo so as not to mess it up!! Unsure what to doc so any advise would be welcome.

Have taken on board all the other advise, frozen pineapple for mouth, aveeno cream for nails and mouth wash for sore mouth but opinion seems to be divided about vitamins xxx
Debbie xxx
User
Posted 19 Feb 2017 at 23:35

Ask the chemo nurse Deb - best to be safe

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 00:12

Hi Gary took glucosamine for joint pain but has been on them for years , these were deemed ok but it's always best just to confirm .
Good luck
Debby

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 08:24

Debbie,

See this thread:

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t12241-Which-supplements-did-you-continue-with-during-Chemo#post152596

My chemo ward gave me the thumbs up on Vitamin D, it's the only supplement I take:

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Infusion 1 Day 2

It has been confirmed that it's OK to take Vitamin D tablets whilst on Chemo.

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 10:50

Hi Debbie - my husband also takes vitamin d and the oncologist was happy for him to continue through chemo but its best just to have a chat with his medical team just to double check.
Hope it goes well.