Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Help for my pa

User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 22:53

Hi, 

Sorry for reopening an old thread but you lot came up in google and I have a couple of questions to ask. 

My paps has prostate cancer, quite severley but in the early stages. He has just undergone a TURP 6 weeks ago but is still suffering. He believes more was taken off abruptly than what should have and quite possibly the cathater was taken out incorrectly.. 6/7 weeks on he is discharging a very thick substance on occasions and he bled fairly regularly at the beginning of recovery.. I hope you have strong stomachs. I havent been able to relate these images to anything on google so far so hope to get an insight from anyone who has experienced similar.

Many thanks,

Son of..

http://patient.info/forums/discuss/turp-operation-or-laser-or-leave-alone--61900?order=latest&page=0#topic-replies

User
Posted 10 Mar 2017 at 07:34
Mr. C

I had a similar piece of debris come down a catheter after surgery to try and reduce my urethral stricture, it was about 25mm x 12mm x 1.5mm. it was a very similar colour to the pictures in your link. I did show a picture of mine to the consultant but he was not alarmed and I cannot remember what he said it was.

As always if in doubt get medical advice.

Thanks Chris