Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

1st chemo is in the bag

User
Posted 10 Mar 2017 at 19:28
Hi all

OH had his 1st chemo today and it went very well. No problems at all thankfully. He had bloods taken on Wednesday and we've had the first PSA result since his diagnosis. It was 22.6 when diagnosed back in early January and today it was down to 3.12!! Seems like a big drop to me but what do you all think? Is that a good sign or should we have been hoping for a bigger drop. Should we be hoping it continues to fall over the next few months during chemo, EBRT and brachytherapy and where do we want it in the end? Any info would be appreciated as I'm not sure how the PSA works as a marker for how things are going xxx

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 10 Mar 2017 at 23:24

I'm glad to read that. My OH is expecting for biopsy results, there's nothing I can tell you other than that.
Good luck to you both,
Lola

User
Posted 11 Mar 2017 at 06:53

Sounds like a good drop in PSA to me. I'm on chemo, click on my name, ColU_FC, and you will see how my PSA has dropped during chemo. My Onco is happy with the results and if she's happy, I'm happy. Regarding a target for how far the PSA should drop, there isn't one, everybody is different and react differently to the various treatments. The PSA is down, that's what matters, rejoice.

User
Posted 11 Mar 2017 at 08:52

Hi glad first chemo went well ,Garys went down to 0.01 around the 2nd/3rd session so it's just a waiting game ,thankfully Garys is still there 10 months later ,but everyone's treatment and results vary .
Keep positive
Best wishes
Debby