Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Cycling issue

User
Posted 16 March 2017 20:35:11(UTC)

Hi,

not so active here now as 4 years along my cancer journey, well, I will be on 13 May2017.  My experience of the Robotic Op and subsequent treatment is outdated, as advances continue to be made, thank goodness.

So, here is where I need help.  I was on a course recent,y where I was required to ride a bicycle for about 40 minutes.

Now, I have cycled all my life.  Used to part drive/part cycle to work for many years, cycling 12 to 16 miles each depending on here I parked.

Used to cycle at weekends for fitness, 15 to 20 miles.  I cycled.

I knew in advance I would have to cycle.  I selected my bike.  I got the lid on.  I got the Hi-vis on.  I stood by the bike, for an age. I could not get on the bike. That is when the instructor came to me, and asked if I had a problem.  I told him of my past and the operation, and my "staging".

My diagnosis was initially T2, upgrade after pathology, DAMN YOU PATHOLOGY, to T3, so touching the wall.

I was scared that there may be a stray cancerous cell somewhere in me, somewhere down below, that cycling may dislodge and send around my body

Is that fear irrational?  At the moment I am so fortunate, life is so good.  I do not want to jeopardise that.

dave

Be content with your choice of treatment at the time you make it. Then make the best of every minute, every hour, every day.
User
Posted 17 March 2017 00:45:11(UTC)

CB you can delete the spare two threads (I have replied on your first one) ... there is just a bug in the forum delaying posts a little bit

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

©2018 Prostate Cancer UK