I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Request for Advice for Best Treatment of Prostate Cancer - prostate,prostate cancer,Prostate cancer treatment

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 06:37

Dear Sir,

I am Mohammad Asaduzzaman from Bangladesh. I am 43+ years old. I am writing about my prostate cancer and seeking the best & proper treatment option.

Pathological History: Bangkok Hospital Medical Center

PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) level: 6.83 ng/ml

Date of Test: 24-02-2017

Prostate Biopsy: Report

Prostate, core biopsy specimen, right lateral zone:

o   Begin Prostatic Hyperplasia

o   No Adenocarcinoma in the specimen

Prostate, core biopsy specimen, left lateral zone:

o   Prostatic Acinar Adenocarcinoma

ü  Gleason’s Grade 3+3=6/10

ü  Involving 3 out of 7 cores

ü  Maximum Percentage of core involvement approx 20%

ü  No Perineural Invasion

ü  No Angiolymphatic Invasion

Date of Test: 01.03.2017

Bone Scan: Report

No Evidence of Bone Metastasis

Date of Test: 16.03.2017

Chest PA: Report

No Active Chest & Pleural Disease

Date of Test: 16.03.2017

MRI Abdomen: Report

Left peripheral zone: Subtle 11x15 mm T2WFS/ ADC hypointensity lesion at posterior aspect of middle level to apex level.

Cancer is probable diagnosis.

No periprostatic fat invasion.

No pelvic lymph node enlargement.

Seeking the Best Hospital:

I am seeking the best treatment option of prostate cancer.

You are requested to review my pathological history/report and suggest me the details pathway (step by step) of this treatment.

Kind Regards,

Mohammad Asaduzzaman

User
Posted 23 Mar 2017 at 00:17

Hello Mohammad,

Sorry you have been diagnosed with an enlarged Prostate and Adoncarcinoma. I see you are from Pakistan but were diagnosed in Bangkok. Did the hospital there discuss your treatment options and if so what did they consider would be appropriate?

This is a UK forum and there are comparatively few members who have had treatment outside the UK. Furthermore, we are a support group and not doctors able to suggest what treatment a man should have. What one patient may feel is the best treatment for him, another man with a similar diagnosis may prefer a different treatment . All treatments for PCa have pros and cons and additionally, there are potential side effects to take into account. In the UK the majority of young men like yourself diagnosed with PCa tend to just be monitored or have the Prostate removed by one of the forms of surgery, althogh for various reassons some alternatively have radiotherapy and a few other less well known other treatments.

So my advice would be check your treatment options and then find a hospital with a good reputation. Your choice of hosptal may depend largely on how far you are prepared to travel and what you or your insurers will fund.

Barry