I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

ExAblate - anyone signed up for this feasibility study clinical trial?

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 23:02
Objective of this feasibility trial is to assess safety and initial effectiveness of ExAblate MRgFUS in the treatment of low to intermediate risk, localized (organ confined) prostate cancer tumors.

ExAblate treatment will be implemented as a focal tumor-selective therapy, directed at pre-defined volume(s)/sector(s) in the prostate, (identified as cancerous by mapping biopsy with or without multi-parametric MRI), rather than a whole gland or hemi-ablation treatment.

Safety: evaluate incidence and severity of adverse events associated with ExAblate's MRgFUS focal treatment of low risk organ confined prostate cancer. The risk of ExAblate treatment-related incontinence and impotence will also be assessed in this study.

Effectiveness: determine the tumor control effect of ExAblate's MRgFUS focal treatment of low risk organ-confined prostate cancer (confirmed by TRUS-guided Transperineal Mapping Biopsy results).

User
Posted 23 Mar 2017 at 21:15
C

I cannot​ answer your question, but looks like your post as been delayed in moderation.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 24 Mar 2017 at 17:20

Thanks Chris,

Recently seen this trial on clinical trials UK but the details of where are sketchy.

Sounds interesting although not for A as Monday is "FLA day' for him.

Regards

Clare