I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

just 52 year old Korean man with T4 prostate cancer. Can't I survive ? - Post prostate cncer,T4

User
Posted 28 Mar 2017 at 16:21

About 10 months ago, around last July, I , who had suffered with frequent  urination, consulted a doctor near my home.

After the blood test and ultrasonography , he tried palpating through my anus. PSA 5 . He told it might be prostate cancer and me to go a big hospital in a city.  

So I searched a good doctor and found a doctor who was famous for robot operation and worked for one of biggest hospital in Seoul, Korea.

I saw him and submitted protocol of the doctor in my town.

The famous doctor, J doubted me to get cancer even though the blood test showed PSA 6, and told me the prostate cancer is very slow like turtle and I am too young.

He told me to meet him after 3 months

So I met him again in Oct. That time my PSA was 9, but he still needed more time, he told it might be prostatitis. and me to come again after 3 months.

So I met him this January again. This time I have pain to sit on chair more than 30 mins and to have a splash. My PSA was 19 but still the doctor, J needed more time. He gave me some painkiller and told me to come again after 1 month.

When I saw him in February, my PSA was 25.  I can not walk normally because I have pain in my hip joint and knee bones. 

He suddenly hurried to tell me to take CT. 

At last a week later , he told me to get post prostate cancer and the cancer cells are spreaded through my bones of my right side leg.

I felt anger.

I didn't meet him any more and went to another hospital got a operation. The day is March 14. around two weeks ago.

My  new doctor treats me with some hormon which is against androgen.

I am preparing a lawsuit against the doctor, J and the hospital where he works.

But point is that how I can survive.  Can I do linger ?  Help me please.

User
Posted 28 Mar 2017 at 20:41

If that had happened to me I'd be angry too. I don't blame you for wanting redress.

Have you been told that you have advanced prostate cancer? If so, then it is not curable but it is treatable. I have advanced prostate cancer. Click on my name, ColU_FC, and you'll see the treatment I've had so far. It's nearly 4 years since I was diagnosed and I'm still here.

Good luck.

User
Posted 28 Mar 2017 at 20:48
My dear Korean friend

I don't know the answer to your question. There are other people who will come along and who might be able to answer it. Whatever happens, you will find friends here who will be supportive.

Ulsterman

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Mar 2017 at 20:41

If that had happened to me I'd be angry too. I don't blame you for wanting redress.

Have you been told that you have advanced prostate cancer? If so, then it is not curable but it is treatable. I have advanced prostate cancer. Click on my name, ColU_FC, and you'll see the treatment I've had so far. It's nearly 4 years since I was diagnosed and I'm still here.

Good luck.

User
Posted 28 Mar 2017 at 20:48
My dear Korean friend

I don't know the answer to your question. There are other people who will come along and who might be able to answer it. Whatever happens, you will find friends here who will be supportive.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 30 Mar 2017 at 15:54

I hope you get more answers Steve (best to take your surname off your profile as this is an open site and if that is your correct name you might prefer to keep it private.

There are a number of people on here with spread to the bones and lymph glands and they are not curable but as ColU and Ulsterman say, they are treatable so all is not lost for you.

Keep strong and determined and good luck with your lawsuit

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Mar 2017 at 20:44

It's okay Johsan, the profiles aren't public so no one can see his real name

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard