Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

The not knowing

User
Posted 04 Apr 2017 at 15:54

Hi there, 

I don't really know where to start this as my Dad hasn't been told he's got cancer but since having tests 2 weeks ago now, he was told to have MRI scan the day after and then he had bone scan last tuesday followed by biopsy last Friday. He has just been called today with an appointment on Thursday and also one for the following thursday? what my question is from experience does this sound likely that he will be diagnosed with Cancer? because at the moment I'm in a weird limbo of not knowing what's going on which I'm guessing and hoping we will know by end of this week what we need to tackle as I'm making up all sorts of conclusions and scenarios in my head.

J

User
Posted 04 Apr 2017 at 22:07

I agree the waiting for results is the worst. Im not sure anyone here could speculate what the outcome for you will be. My husband always asks these questions of me every time he has an appointment and i tell him the same.
I think at this stage you should prepare that it might well be cancer and be very happy if it turns out not to be.
Will be keeping fingers crossed for you.
Julie

User
Posted 05 Apr 2017 at 08:50

Hello Jayoc.

Like Julie says, there isn't enough information for us to help you. IF you give us Thursday's results as soon as you know them then we may be able to assist.

It would be best if dad had somebody with him for the appointment, not because there is the possibility of bad news, but because there is often so much information to take in.

Whoever goes might find it helpful to take a notepad and pen to write down information.

I think personally from what you already said, that the doctors feel there is something there that needs investigating.

You haven't told us how or why he was given the first MRI test. Was it following a PSA test and if so what was that result?

Any information you can supply would help when it comes to giving advice.

Whatever the result, please don't immediately panic. Come back and tell us and we'll support you and your dad all the way.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails