I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Probably a strange question but..

User
Posted 05 Apr 2017 at 21:17
This is possibly a strange question to ask but as I have had a RALP and the PSA never went back to undetectable and then had salvage RT and the PSA has increased is this then classed as advanced PCA?

It's just that I have to complete an insurance form and as the PCa evidently wasn't all contained in the gland itself and there must be cells floating around somewhere I'm not sure how to describe it. If I answer that it is advanced the next question is "where to ?". At this moment we have no idea but as the RT was aimed at the prostate bed then it appears that it is not there.

So is it classed as advanced ?

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 13:40

What Ido4 said!

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 13:08

It sounds like you've kind of answered your own question. If the form asks where's it advanced to and nobody knows is it actually classed as advanced?
Or do you have PCa and an elevated PSA. I've found the insurance company are more interested how many times you have seen your consultant in the last year and if you are on HT.
you could phone the insurance company to clarify and/or seek an opinion from your consultant.
I would think it's not classed as advanced until they have evidence of that eg scan etc but that's just my opinion

Good luck

Bri

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 13:32
Hi Kevan, would classifying it as locally advanced be the correct description?

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 14:05

It's difficult isn't it , but if you've not been told it's advanced then it isn't. I got insurance last year easily with locally advanced PCa with confirmed lymph and bladder involvement. It wasn't expensive.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 13:08

It sounds like you've kind of answered your own question. If the form asks where's it advanced to and nobody knows is it actually classed as advanced?
Or do you have PCa and an elevated PSA. I've found the insurance company are more interested how many times you have seen your consultant in the last year and if you are on HT.
you could phone the insurance company to clarify and/or seek an opinion from your consultant.
I would think it's not classed as advanced until they have evidence of that eg scan etc but that's just my opinion

Good luck

Bri

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 13:32
Hi Kevan, would classifying it as locally advanced be the correct description?

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 13:40

What Ido4 said!

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 14:05

It's difficult isn't it , but if you've not been told it's advanced then it isn't. I got insurance last year easily with locally advanced PCa with confirmed lymph and bladder involvement. It wasn't expensive.

User
Posted 06 Apr 2017 at 17:20
Thanks for your thoughts guys. Much appreciated.

Hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather. Just got back from dropping students in the Brecon Beacons and it was idyllic trip.Go back Sunday to pick them up if they survive.

Thanks again.

Kevan