I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Mesh hernia repair

User
Posted 09 Apr 2017 at 19:06

I am booked in for my RAP on 27/04/ 2017. About 15 years ago I underwent a laparoscopic procedure to repair a Hernia in my groin area using what was I presume a nylon  type mesh. Has anyone out there had experience of how it could affect the RAP .

The Surgeon said not to worry , but I detected  a slight hesitation in his reply. I will of course ask him before the op what effect this might have  but would welcome any comments from members .Forewarned is forearmed !

Thank you Rick

User
Posted 09 Apr 2017 at 19:06

I am booked in for my RAP on 27/04/ 2017. About 15 years ago I underwent a laparoscopic procedure to repair a Hernia in my groin area using what was I presume a nylon  type mesh. Has anyone out there had experience of how it could affect the RAP .

The Surgeon said not to worry , but I detected  a slight hesitation in his reply. I will of course ask him before the op what effect this might have  but would welcome any comments from members .Forewarned is forearmed !

Thank you Rick

User
Posted 09 Apr 2017 at 20:15

It might just mean that if the surgeon has problems during the op because the mesh turns out to be in the way, the surgeon will revert to an open RP instead.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Apr 2017 at 22:30

Prior to my DaVinci assisted Prostatectomy, I had 3 Inguinal mesh repairs (both sides but the first one didn't work). No issues whatsoever with my surgery!

User
Posted 10 Apr 2017 at 06:28

OH also underwent hernia and kind of mesh was used to fit it. We mentioned this fact to the surgeon (hub is going Da Vinci in a few days) and he said it's ok, no worries.

Good luck!

Lola.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Apr 2017 at 20:15

It might just mean that if the surgeon has problems during the op because the mesh turns out to be in the way, the surgeon will revert to an open RP instead.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Apr 2017 at 22:30

Prior to my DaVinci assisted Prostatectomy, I had 3 Inguinal mesh repairs (both sides but the first one didn't work). No issues whatsoever with my surgery!

User
Posted 10 Apr 2017 at 06:28

OH also underwent hernia and kind of mesh was used to fit it. We mentioned this fact to the surgeon (hub is going Da Vinci in a few days) and he said it's ok, no worries.

Good luck!

Lola.

User
Posted 10 Apr 2017 at 09:07
My husband had a hernia repair too but he had a prostectomy via the perineum and it was fine, no issues with continence etc.