Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Rapport premier ved

User
Posted 12 Apr 2017 at 10:15
Hi all,

After our first visit to the ed clinic Mike has been prescribed th Rapport premier. Reading the leaflet there are no instructions for using the pump without rings for 'exercise'. I have emailed the manufacturers who have said they can't advise on this as they are not medical practitioners! Does any one else have this pump? Any advise would be welcome.

Sue

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 08:57

Pumping with one hand while holding a razor steady in the other .... that's impressive!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 12:30

I like my somaerect as it is all one unit with the pump trigger on the end. With the farnhurst you have to hold the cylinder with one hand and the trigger in the other. No hands left to shave !!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Apr 2017 at 20:09

Hi Sue, you have to use the Rapport with the ring - it doesn't work properly otherwise. But if you are intending on exercise rather than sex, your partner should try with the biggest size of ring to begin with. To use for penetrative sex, you opt for the smallest size ring he can bear but it might take some time and practice to get to that stage.

For exercise, pump slowly until it is nearly not comfortable, remove the pump and pull the sides of the ring to release the erection. Then start again. Ideal would be to repeat that 3 - 5 times, three times a day but with the Rapport this is a bit of a faff so once or twice, three times a day may be more achievable. Not so important to trim his pubic hair as with the other makes of pump but make sure he uses lots of lube on his penis and up the insides of the tube. KY jelly is probably cheapest & safest.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Apr 2017 at 22:13

Thank you Lyn. I thought that might be the case. I suppose we should be grateful that we have been prescribed anything but this is not what we would have picked if given a choice.
Sue

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 00:17

It seems popular with ED nurses - quite a few members have one and some get on with it very well - check the posts on this link from Rokdok, Jaypeeca, sixfoottwo and Diddy
http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/search?g=search&query=rapport&advanced=false#refine-results-panel

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 07:27

Hi this pump is apparently very good but as lyn says it needs the rings all the time to operate. I was prescribed the somaerect response 2 from a U.K. Company called imedicare.co.uk and it has been very good. You could always go and buy one yourself if you have the means. My wife and I did not really like the pump for penetrative sex although we were successful with it , but I was determined to get my penis good and erect at least once a day to keep him healthy so I just used the pump for that and took to using it whilst shaving each day in the morning. I may get slated for saying this , but for exercise alone nearly any cheap lovehoney or Ann summers pump will do at under £20. Please stick with it as I'm sure daily use has assisted me in near full recovery at 22 months post op

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 08:57

Pumping with one hand while holding a razor steady in the other .... that's impressive!

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 09:52
Is this the best device available? At last the nane of a device....we are 7 months down the road and no advice on a device at all!! By the way the instructions are on the website.I just looked it up! Best of luck!
User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 10:13

I would say the Osbon Erecaid Esteem and the Farnhurst Elite are the best, based on our own experience and the reports of others on here, because you can use them without the rings for physio / penile health. Erecaid Esteem is the easiest to use but the Farnhurst rings are better.

I think Sue has the instructions but they don't explain how to use the pump for physio rather than intercourse.

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 12:30

I like my somaerect as it is all one unit with the pump trigger on the end. With the farnhurst you have to hold the cylinder with one hand and the trigger in the other. No hands left to shave !!

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 13:02
That's very helpful. Thanks!
User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 13:24

I forgot about the Somaerect :-/

User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 11:13

Just a catch up. We collected our Rapport premier from our pharmacy last Friday. It' not as awkward as we thought it might be and it seems to work. Trying it out for physio at the moment but definitely an improvement! We have just arrived home from Mike's three month post op check and his PSA is 0.03 so we are really pleased.

User
Posted 18 Apr 2017 at 17:07

Glad that the PSA is out of the way and that the result was excellent

Also glad that you have managed to sort out the Rapport and I really hope that eventually you get a lot of use out of it!!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails