Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

2 year post op review

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 09:50
Hi all,

Not posted for a while but thought I'd post a quick update after reaching a significant milestone. I met up with the surgeon on Friday. Once again my latest PSA is undetectable. He told me to consider myself in the 'cured' camp and has discharged me back to my GP. I am to have PSA done 6 monthly for the next 3 years then 12 monthly for the subsequent 5 years. It's been a stressful couple of years. Thanks to all the support on this site. I post this to offer hope for all those who are at an earlier stage to highlight that there can be a positive outcome but am acutely aware that I am in a fortunate situation and not everyone will be as lucky. Thoughts to everyone who are inflicted with this terrible illness and their loved ones.

THE CHILD HAS GROWN, THE DREAM HAS GONE
User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 09:50
Hi all,

Not posted for a while but thought I'd post a quick update after reaching a significant milestone. I met up with the surgeon on Friday. Once again my latest PSA is undetectable. He told me to consider myself in the 'cured' camp and has discharged me back to my GP. I am to have PSA done 6 monthly for the next 3 years then 12 monthly for the subsequent 5 years. It's been a stressful couple of years. Thanks to all the support on this site. I post this to offer hope for all those who are at an earlier stage to highlight that there can be a positive outcome but am acutely aware that I am in a fortunate situation and not everyone will be as lucky. Thoughts to everyone who are inflicted with this terrible illness and their loved ones.

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 10:02

Hey Paul
Living the dream yes. Sounds like you can really let go and relax now. Easier said than done I know but even if anything happens it will be slow. Thanks for your help over two years and congrats
Chris

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 11:22

Great news. It's always good to hear the positive stories too.

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 12:44

Fab news Paul, thanks for sharing!

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 17:19
Paul

Great news, nice to hear things are looking good, long may it continue.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 23:24

That's brilliant news Paul but you will need annual PSA tests for the rest of your life, not just until the 10 year mark. Dad's cancer came back 13 years after surgery and 3 years after he got the nice letter from the hospital informing him that he was officially in remission :-/

Edited by member 23 Apr 2017 at 23:26  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Apr 2017 at 19:47
Fantastic news

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 24 Apr 2017 at 20:13
Hi Paul

Excellent.

Gordon

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 10:02

Hey Paul
Living the dream yes. Sounds like you can really let go and relax now. Easier said than done I know but even if anything happens it will be slow. Thanks for your help over two years and congrats
Chris

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 11:22

Great news. It's always good to hear the positive stories too.

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 12:44

Fab news Paul, thanks for sharing!

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 17:19
Paul

Great news, nice to hear things are looking good, long may it continue.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 23 Apr 2017 at 23:24

That's brilliant news Paul but you will need annual PSA tests for the rest of your life, not just until the 10 year mark. Dad's cancer came back 13 years after surgery and 3 years after he got the nice letter from the hospital informing him that he was officially in remission :-/

Edited by member 23 Apr 2017 at 23:26  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Apr 2017 at 19:47
Fantastic news

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 24 Apr 2017 at 20:13
Hi Paul

Excellent.

Gordon

User
Posted 05 May 2017 at 18:46

Hi Paul

Your INBOX is full - I was sending a  brief PM

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Gordon

User
Posted 05 May 2017 at 22:56

Cleared now Gordon.