I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Abi and Enzo stampede arm j

User
Posted 24 Apr 2017 at 18:24
Hi haven't posted for a while but would like some feed back from anyone that is still on arm j of stampede trial ,I know there are a couple of members that started on the trial but have since either changed the dosage or stopped one or other of the drugs ,but is there anyone that is still taking the recommended dosage ?

Gary has been on the trial since June last year and had fantastic results with his psa at 0.01 ,but the side effects are extreme fatigue and muscle aches .

He is still working everyday but struggles in the evenings to stay awake . Can anyone offer any tips or supplements to help combat this and also the hot flushes .

Thankyou

Debby

User
Posted 24 Apr 2017 at 19:18

Hi Abbi

I'm still on Stampede arm J
In fact I've just written a new post which should be on soon
I've been on the trial now for 27 months and my psa has been round the .06 mark for nigh on 2 years
I'm still on full dose of Enzo but dropped the Abiraterone after 1 month due to stomach problems.

My side effects are similar with uncomfortable hot flushes, fatigue, aching limbs and fluid in legs tum etc. my weight has gone up 3/4 stone but I reserve judgement on this as I've just returned from month long cruise.

I've tried sage for the hot flushes but the only thing that helps is to be outside or somewhere where air circulates all round me. I find hot summers very trying though. I just try to manage them.
The fatigue annoys me since I used to run and I know that fitness helps with everything.
I do go on hikes/walks for 6-10 miles twice a week and am trying to get back into running.

I also struggle staying awake in the evenings especially if I'm sat down and my wife has Corrie on. I find if I keep moving like in the cool garage (man cave) or my study then I'm not so tired.
I also find that I don't feel as tired in the evenings if I've had a stimulating walk with friends.

I'm not sure if any of this helps
Good look.
Paul

Edited by member 24 Apr 2017 at 19:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Apr 2017 at 20:14
Thanks Paul any feedback is welcome ,maybe I'll get Gary to try the sage tabs .Glad that your psa is still low and your keeping as active as possible .

Gary's put on some weight but that could be my fault as I keep feeding him ! Also he often escapes to his man cave but only manages to shuffle the rubbish around rather than clear it .

Debby