Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Blood test could help target chemo - blood test,enzalutamide,abiraterone

User
Posted 04 May 2017 at 15:03

Interesting report on BBC website:

Worth reading for anyone contemplating chemo ...

Prostate cancer: Blood test could help target treatment

User
Posted 04 May 2017 at 15:03

Interesting report on BBC website:

Worth reading for anyone contemplating chemo ...

Prostate cancer: Blood test could help target treatment

User
Posted 04 May 2017 at 17:07
As always, the media has kind of jumped on this ,on further reading in the more serious newspaper it says that it will be up to three years before they refine things. As Iain Frame, director of Prostae Cance UK, says that it will be a significant step towards the individualised treatment for men with prostate cancer but we are quite possibly at the point of embarking on the alternative to hormone therapy I'm guessing as my husband's PSA has been creeping up.

He had a genetic profile done when he was first diagnosed because his sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer so hopefully that profile is stored somewhere. We have an appointment with the oncologist next week so it should be an interesting conversation!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 May 2017 at 17:07
As always, the media has kind of jumped on this ,on further reading in the more serious newspaper it says that it will be up to three years before they refine things. As Iain Frame, director of Prostae Cance UK, says that it will be a significant step towards the individualised treatment for men with prostate cancer but we are quite possibly at the point of embarking on the alternative to hormone therapy I'm guessing as my husband's PSA has been creeping up.

He had a genetic profile done when he was first diagnosed because his sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer so hopefully that profile is stored somewhere. We have an appointment with the oncologist next week so it should be an interesting conversation!