Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hormones - advice?

User
Posted 07 May 2017 at 21:15

Hi,

My dad has just started on Casodex on Tuesday and he will then have radiotherapy we think after 3 months.

We are trying to make light of the possible side effects, hoping he isn't affected too badly but i suppose it will take a few weeks for them to kick in.

Do you have any advice i can give to my dad? Or any words of wisdom for mum who is going through this with him? He has decided to stop drinking but I asked the doctor and he said it was fine.

Thanks!

User
Posted 07 May 2017 at 22:58

Breasts can start to develop very quickly, sometimes causing significant pain in the breast buds - he may have already been offered a short zap of RT to the breast buds to help prevent this?

Fatigue can be extreme and many members here have found that the only way to combat fatigue is to stay as active as possible - if he starts to suffer a lot of joint pain / muscle wastage he might find swimming most beneficial.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 00:01

The emotions and mood swings of some men on HT can be raised so be prepared for this as a possibility and make allowance please.

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 May 2017 at 22:58

Breasts can start to develop very quickly, sometimes causing significant pain in the breast buds - he may have already been offered a short zap of RT to the breast buds to help prevent this?

Fatigue can be extreme and many members here have found that the only way to combat fatigue is to stay as active as possible - if he starts to suffer a lot of joint pain / muscle wastage he might find swimming most beneficial.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 00:01

The emotions and mood swings of some men on HT can be raised so be prepared for this as a possibility and make allowance please.

Barry