I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

psa?is this good ?

User
Posted 20 May 2017 at 20:10
still figuring out OHs results. G is ten days away from radiotherapy and after three prostap injections his psa fell from 10.8 to 0.3.

we assumed that that proved that his localised spread had been stopped and tumour had shrunk. are we right?

its probably nothing but he has started to drag his right leg a bit and it looks as though it starts in his hip. he is uncoordinated in walking a bit.

diagnosed with diabetes last week ,his doctor says, could be sugar affecting legs. does that sound likely ?.

very concerned and not getting real answers.

I expect I'm just panicking but would appreciate any thoughts

lyn

The only thing you know is you never know,so,keep trying
User
Posted 20 May 2017 at 22:21

You can't really interpret anything from his PSA at this point, just be happy that the HT has ensured it has gone nice and low. PSA doesn't tell you whether a tumour has shrunk; it tells you that the cells are less active than they were. HT doesn't necessarily shrink the tumour - that happens because the cancer is being starved. In your case it sounds like starvation is on track and the cancer cells are feeling very slow and lazy - and that helps the RT to do more damage.

Can't help you on the leg thing but have to assume that the GP had reason to say what he did.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard