Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Painful ejaculation post BT

User
Posted 21 May 2017 at 20:29

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well (or getting there).

So here I am, 58 and 8 months after BT everything seems to be going well for me. Last PSA was down to 0.78.

Only thing is, having weaned myself off of Tamsulosin I have had a really painful ejaculation. This did happen after the procedure but faded away and had stopped being a problem altogether. Two weeks off of the Tamsulosin and it's back with a vengeance.

Anyone else had this or similar? 

User
Posted 21 May 2017 at 22:50

Hi Mightyquin, painful ejaculation is quite common after RT and brachy whereas painful orgasm is common after RP but men that have had RP don't ejaculate. Have you noticed whether or not the amount of ejaculate is reducing?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 May 2017 at 07:09
Hi Lynne,

Thanks for your post. Yes the amount of ejaculate has reduced and is now clear rather than "milky".

I didn't mention before that I had a vasectomy about 20 years ago.

User
Posted 26 May 2017 at 06:44

Why would you want to wean yourself off Tamsulosin, its ok long term ,been on it years.

Barry

User
Posted 26 May 2017 at 07:02
Hi Barry,

A number of reasons for wanting to come off Tamsulosin. Firstly I prefer to live my life free of any drugs where possible.

Secondly I was having a lot of bowel problems and I was convinced that Tamsulosin was a contributory factor. No scientific evidence for that just a gut feel. LOL.

Been off almost 3 weeks now (apparently it takes 5 days to clear your system). Bowel is much better. No real issues with water works and I feel a lot better in myself. More energized.

This last benefit could just be the BT radiation reducing as I had my BT 8 months ago.

I had two attempts to come of Tamsulosin, the first after about 4 months didn't work as peeing was a real problem but now I feel pretty good about it.

Of course our bodies and our treatments are all different but maybe you could try it.