I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

psa 1yr after stopping ht

User
Posted 15 Jun 2017 at 14:38

hi,just returned from hospital with my first yearly psa result since stopping ht a year ago,the urology nurse said my psa is 0.09,it was 0.05 a year ago i said it has risen a bit and she said thats because i have stopped ht, on dx in 2014 psa65 t3b no mo invaded seminal vessicles so high risk,but i have read a lot about psa tests not being reliable, i have to say i do not feel any better since stopping ht,so it cant have left my system yet,any thoughts on this please.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2017 at 17:02

radar
12 months after HT ended I was 0.1 so you're done better than me.

HT will have left your system by now. T takes time for it to get to the level of 'feeling better'.

As regards risk: I've just had out of remission or not tests so you have to accept it will always be there but try not to let it play on your mind top heavily.

You've had good news enjoy it.

Ray

User
Posted 16 Jun 2017 at 20:28

ray,thanks for your reply just have to keep going.

User
Posted 16 Jun 2017 at 20:51

Radar you mustnt try to compare yourself to the men that had had their prostate removed. The big debate about reliability is about men with no prostate - basically that if they have no prostate they should only be producing the tiniest amount of PSA.

You on the other hand still have a prostate with some healthy flesh and it is to be expected that your PSA will rise a little bit- perfectly normal so please don't worry.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Jun 2017 at 08:32

ok,lyn thankyou,going york races macmillan charity day ,i might win.