I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide the side effects

User
Posted 19 Jun 2017 at 08:37
My husband has been taking enzalutamide for the past four days and it has bee rough for him. He has been having joint pains and generally feeling rubbish. I just wondered if it's going to build up or will the body get used to it.

It seems that he really doesn't have any alternative and I'm so concerned

User
Posted 19 Jun 2017 at 19:32
Hi blue

My dad is also taking enzalutamide,from what I read on the leaflet it can cause some side effects including pain so might be worth ringing Macmillan or the oncologist to ask their advice! We found ourselves having to do this two weeks after starting as it caused my dad awful bone ache and confusion(wasn't able to get dressed and wasn't with it at all) but at the moment as his psa is reducing the hospital agreed to a half dose (80mg) and he's coping much better with that,not needing any extra pain killers.This is my dads last line of treatment so he's desperate for it to work

Kind regards Viv x

Look for something positive in each day even if some days you have to look a little harder

User
Posted 19 Jun 2017 at 19:54
Thanks Viv

We should have an appointment two weeks after starting, so we will discuss reducing the dosage with our consultant. Unfortunately our nurse Is away but she has left a contact I guess we need to be patient, the only alternative is chemotherapy but my husband does not want that