I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

When typically should blood not be present in urine after TURP - TURP,Blood in urine

User
Posted 19 Jun 2017 at 21:42

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I had a TURP on May 30th and was discharged 3 days later after 3 successful TWOCs. My water was clear from day one though pink obviously. So it's 3 weeks almost and my question is should I still be getting a little blood (not clots) at the start of a pee. Only a little but my urine was also cloudy this morning when I had to provide a sample to go with a routine fasting BT. As I haven't had a TURP before I'm not sure what to expect in terms of this. Thanks for any help with this.

User
Posted 22 Jun 2017 at 15:59

Hello Kryten

Your TURP was only 23 days ago so personally I would have said it wasn't odd to still have signs of blood in your pee, even had there been some clots.

I am in fact surprised that your urine was clearish without clots. Often there are clots as well as other debris for a few weeks afterwards.

I expect one of the men will be along to reassure you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Jun 2017 at 19:55

I had signs of blood for about a month, then just when I thought it was all over, there was a big clod. After that it all calmed down. However, that was just me - experiences of others may be different!

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.