Show search

Notification

Error

The literal ups and downs of PSA

User
Posted 22 Jun 2017 at 17:09

Hi all

Good news today.

Prostate removed in December 2016.  T3b, Gleason 9 and positive margins.

6 week post-op PSA 0.014

3 months post-op PSA 0.015

5 months PSA 0.019

6 months post-op PSA back to 0.014 

The hospital said the spike in May was quite likely due to an infection which was being treated at the time.

I saw 3 consultants yesterday and they all said that I'm in an amazing position and that things are best left well alone.  I had been offered adjuvant radiotherapy earlier but on their recommendation declined.  They said yesterday that even if I wanted it now, they would say no because things are going really well.

I'm by no means out of the woods yet, but I'm in a better place than I thought I'd be.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 22 Jun 2017 at 20:28

Brilliant news, so pleased for you.
My oh is also T3b G9 he had HDbrachytherpay followed by 5 weeks RT and now he's on a long slog with HT. so he still has a prostate, and his P.S.A has been 0.1 for 14 months now, he has 16 months left of the dreaded HT.with three monthly P.S.A testing. The fatigue aches and pains get to him, along with all the other side effects. He still works on our small holding every day growing veg, and continues to play music most days (he's a musician) He like you had few symptoms, just thought he was getting older. Sadly out GP was very slow to act, and refer.

The forum has been so good for us, I do the reading writing and research.

He has been told he is doing really well,and the oncologist talked about curative treatment.

Most days he's fine and feels positive, but with the G9 we are always cautious, but hopeful.

User
Posted 22 Jun 2017 at 22:09

Ulsterman, that is fantastic news.

User
Posted 22 Jun 2017 at 22:13

That's really good news :-)