I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

tomotherapy.....?

User
Posted 23 Jun 2017 at 18:48
Hi, my husband has completed 6 cycles of docetaxel and has now returned to india ( we live in east africa ) for cyberknife. However the doctors have now said that they want to do 5 weeks ( 25 sessions ) of tomotherapy, before then doing cyberknife.... from what I can see these are similar treatments, so I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this...... my husband is T4 with spread to lymph nodes and one rib. Psa started at 72, now at 2.8. Also on monthly firmagon injections. Amy thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I am a little confused by the change in treatment plan.... many thanks and best wishes to all
User
Posted 23 Jun 2017 at 23:46

Hi blueeyes, do you have to pay for these treatments they are recommending?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 09:24

Hi - yes, but we are hoping the insurance company will cover the cost because there is no way we can afford it ! My husband has now returned home and the plan is for him to do one more session of chemotherapy, we are then off on a holiday, then when we return he will return to India for 5 weeks of tomotherapy followed by 3 fractions of cyberknife. Then back to Kenya for 2 more sessions of chemotherapy ! At least this way we are going to get a holiday - i think mentally he needs a break and the doctors have said that after one more session of chemo and the monthly firmagon injections it will not do any harm to wait a month before the radiation starts. Then we can start the fight again in September !!