Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide Hot Sweats

User
Posted 27 Jun 2017 at 22:37

Hi,

I have been on Enzalutimide for about eight weeks following 10 cycles of Doxitaxel which did not work. Apart from exhaustion, I suffered greatly from hot sweats, particularly at night.

After eight months of chemo hell I was reluctant to take any more tablets. I was fed up putting various poison into my body and was wondering about anything I could do to alleviate the sweats. I literally could not get back into bed at night as it was like sleeping in a puddle.

My Macmillan nurse organised their occupational therapist to visit to give me acupuncture  which they said would help. Now,I am the worlds biggest skeptic but thought "what the hell" and agreed. Wasn't sure what to expect, where would they stick the needles?

Anyway, when she came she placed 5 needles in each ear and left them in for about 20 minutes. Totally painless. That night, no difference. The second session the following week I had three nights of no sweats. Same again for the third session. The fourth week, amazingly I went the full week without hot sweats. One more session to make sure and, it's been great! My ying and yang must be back in perfect harmony!

It was explained that it is Chinese philosophy backed up by Western evidence based practice! Who would have thought sticking some needles in your ear could have such a positive impact on your body!

If any one is suffering with hot sweats like I was, it is worth asking if acupuncture is available in your area.

Best regards

User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 18:55

The occupational therapist said they have had a 100% success rate. It has really made my life more comfortable.

Best regards

User
Posted 01 Jul 2017 at 11:17

Two sessions on a Friday am

9:30 to 10:30 am at Robert Ogden McMillan Centre (good group of guys)
And
11:00 to 12:00 am in Support lounge on level -2 of Bexley wing (I've not tried this group)

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Jun 2017 at 08:11

Thanks for that info Norman.
I wish the acupuncture on my knee had been that successful!

I'm sure your post will be of interest to those in the same boat

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 18:55

The occupational therapist said they have had a 100% success rate. It has really made my life more comfortable.

Best regards

User
Posted 01 Jul 2017 at 10:12

I was a sceptic & now . . I'm a believer.

I've attended weekly Auricular acupuncture sessions for over a year now, and it definitely helps to mitigate against the hot sweats for me.

Only in the one ear, and not painfull at all !

Initially it took a few weeks to notice a benefit, but now I would be without it, and i do notice a detriment if I miss a few sessions for holidays etc.

Based in Leeds, it's an all male group (free) session (Friday am) specifically for prostate men (typically 10 or 12 attendees) and it functions as a support group too.

Anyone welcome & anyone wanting further details, please let me know.

Graham 00

User
Posted 01 Jul 2017 at 11:05

Where does it meet, Graham?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Jul 2017 at 11:17

Two sessions on a Friday am

9:30 to 10:30 am at Robert Ogden McMillan Centre (good group of guys)
And
11:00 to 12:00 am in Support lounge on level -2 of Bexley wing (I've not tried this group)