I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

more tired

User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 18:25

hi, stopped zoladex 1yr ago  my psa is 0.09 but now i am starting to feel more tired,i was dx in 2014 high risk locally advanced sv+ since been dx i have been getting up for a pee 4to 5 times a night and im beginning to get dark circles under my eyes through lack of sleep insomnia with zoladex,i thought things would get better since stopping ht but things arent getting any better,any help please.

User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 21:07

Oh Radar, I don't know what to say to you. You worry too much, you overthink things (probably because you are on your own and don't always have a trusted person to talk things through with), your diet isn't very good, and you are not always very good at taking advice. It is no wonder you are tired!!!! You need help with the night-time loo visits - there should be no reason for you to get up this many times. Ask the GP to arrange tests to see a)whether you are emptying your bladder properly (this is easy to do with a hand-held scanner) and b) whether you have an over-active bladder which can be calmed down with tablets.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 21:48

radar
Even with meds I've been getting up at least 3 times a night for well over 13 years, can't say it's making me too tired (nights of 10 + times does -:) ) Just had a flow test/ scan to confirm what I said I'm emptying my bladder, test showed just 35ml left. Might besides present Alfuzosin go on Vesicare but GP, Consultant or I am not to keen as retention can be an issue even with bladder emptying - we see on that one. Ask GP to arrange a Flow test to give them a guide to see if you have a blockage and or irritation and from that appropriate meds.

I've been here many years and seen guys go down hill after being on a restrictive diet for sometime. I don't mean eat processed food but just a balanced diet that includes some diary and meat. If you are prepared to go on T then meat and dairy are no greater risk.

We try to help but you have to listen my friend.

Ray

User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 22:22

Yes, Ray - I also have a feeling that Radar's diet is making him poorly.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 09:24

thanks but i am not on a restrictive diet the only thing i do cut out is dairy and red meat,i eat plenty of veg, i also take pomi-t, curcumin, liposomal vit-c vit d3+k2 ,dim,ginger, milk thistle,and astragalus to help my immune system,its the no testosterone and zoladex that has made me so thin,tomorrow i will be at york races having a drink i generally only drink once a week and will be having a meal there yorkshire pudding and veg, regarding my pee flow its ok been on tamousolin since dx,i hate the way i look now i was thin before but now im skin and bone,i have made an appointment to see my gp,thankyou.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 09:40

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

i hate the way i look now i was thin before but now im skin and bone

radar,

Maybe I'm being thick, but if you are skin and bone, I would have thought the answer is to increase your calorie intake, i.e. eat considerably more than you do now. Have you tried that?

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 11:49

coiu fc,thanks yes but it goes to my stomach nowhere else,end up been a fat thin man,i used to add weight gainers before but i just got a fat stomach,before i was dx i was on trt and i looked a lot better and felt a lot healthier,its the muscle mass and tissue loss,im only a small guy i cant afford to lose it,i know increasing test might be a bit dodgy but now a lot of drs are looking at it in a different way,more people get pc whos test is low some people who are high risk take trt and monitored closely,no studies to say trt causes recurrence ,if psa does increase considerably then stop it at least one has tried.cheers.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 12:34

That has to be your choice radar. For me, I'd be worried that if I fed the beast Testosterone then I might wake him up and before I knew it he'd be doing damage again and when I then stopped the Testosterone again it might be too late.

Have you tried exercise to improve your body tone? Use of light free weights as well as aerobic exercise coupled with increase in healthy food intake seem better than playing Russian roulette with the beast to me.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 12:51

coiu fc,thanks i have been weight training for a while ,but all the benefits disappeared when i started zoladex,i told my gp i do weight training he said i am wasting my time except to try and keep my bones strong,i try and keep fit but to much aerobic for a thin person is not too good, if i was a big guy it probably wouldnt be too bad losing weight,.cheers.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 16:03

Radar, you say you are not on a restrictive diet but eat no dairy or red meat and also dose up on supplements, all of which are completely unproven in terms of suppressing PCa. Just adopt a normal balanced diet, exercise moderately, stop worrying and get some weight on your frame. Skinny people have smaller energy reserves to deal with life's misfortunes.
Sorry to be blunt, but sometimes good advice just has to be!

AC

User
Posted 02 Jul 2017 at 11:34

thankyou.