I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Husband is becoming increasingly more tired

User
Posted 29 Jun 2017 at 21:44
Partner has had prostate cancer for nearly 4 years and becoming increasingly tired
User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 08:08

Good morning Cookie and welcome to the site

Could you give us a bit more information please, such as what treatment has he had in that 4 years, is he still under treatment etc

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 11:38

I’m looking for advice from anyone who as been on Tamsulosin &Finasteride for a long period? As I have just been prescribed them, I was wondering if anyone as had any side effects? Regards punter

User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 11:58

Hi punter, when I was prescribed tamsulosin which is an alpha blocker I had no side effects. My GP said that alpha blockers rarely have any noticeable side effects. I believe they may reduce blood pressure. 

Dave

User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 12:04

Thanks for that👍May I ask? We’re you put on Finasteride as well?

User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 12:31

Only tamsulosin for me.

Dave

User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 14:33
I have been on Tamsolosin for 20+ years, in fact long before my PCa diagnosis. It doesn't seem to have affected me. It is a drug widely given to men for several problems associated with waterworks.
Barry
User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 19:29
I too have been on Tamsulosin since my radiotherapy two and a half years ago, and I'll probably be on it for the rest of my life. As someone's already mentioned, the main side-effect of it is that it lowers your blood pressure.

By the way, it's advisable to create your own thread to ask a question, rather than hijacking someone else's. Admittedly in this case that doesn't matter because the original poster hasn't been back since 2017, but do start your own threads in the future!

Best wishes,

Chris