I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzolutamude the next step

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 13:20
I may be asking the impossible but I'm hoping to find someone with a similar history to my hubby with whom I can connect. There are so many different ways in which treatment is given I find it hard to seek guidance and encouragement so here goes this is my hubbies history so far, if your experience is close to it please get in touch:
Dec 2013 diagnosed adavanced
Gleason 4+3 4+4
Cancer outside prostate in seminal glands so radiotherapy not an option.
Prostap injections 3 monthly and tamsulosin daily
PSA 109
Within 6 months PSA reduced to 2.0

2015 PSA rising so bicalutomide given
PSA stable at 6.0

2016 PSA rising quickly so bicalutomide withdrawn

2017 PSA still rising bone scan shows spread to pelvis and rib so now starting enzalutomide.
That's the story so far if you can relate this please let me know. I'm frightened by what lies ahead and would appreciate knowing if anyone is in a similar position.
Thank you
User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 14:20

Hi,

I have a similar history though the cautionary remark would be that each cancer can be individual and therefore prediction on the basis of someone's history may not be entirely reliable. You can see my profile and that marks my progress.

I am Gleason 9 and was diagnosed 5+ years ago and have had mainly HT to combat bony metatastes. I have had bicultimide for about a year before it ceased to work. I then had a year where low dose steroid seemed to hold things in check. My PSA went from 59 down to 3.74. Most recently it started to rise and so delayed for a year enzalutimide was started five weeks ago. Side effects tolerable so far and PSA has halved from 11.98 to 5.7. It is known to show progress quickly (or not at all) and like all Heavy duty drugs have side effects but nothing too stressful for me.

This part of the journey is new for me so you can follow my thread 'ever decreasing circles part three' to see how it's going.

Hope this helps.

Edited by member 30 Jun 2017 at 14:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 17:31

There are loads of members here with similar treatment paths and responses - have you tried clicking on people's profiles?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard