I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Brachytherapy feedback

User
Posted 06 Jul 2017 at 19:46

Back in 2015 I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer.

I had Gleason 3+4 ( where the 1st No is the predominant cancer and the higher the number the more serious ) , T2 which

indicates it was confined within the prostrate , size of prostrate 35cc , N0 ( no spread to the lymph nodes ) and M0 ( indicating

no metastasis or spread to the bones )

On 14/8/2015 I had low dose seed brachythrapy at the Royal Surrey Hospital.

I am pleased to say that it is now almost 2 years since the operation and urination , erectile dysfunction and bowel function are

virtually the same as prior to the op.

I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this site.

Kind regards

User
Posted 06 Jul 2017 at 19:46

Back in 2015 I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer.

I had Gleason 3+4 ( where the 1st No is the predominant cancer and the higher the number the more serious ) , T2 which

indicates it was confined within the prostrate , size of prostrate 35cc , N0 ( no spread to the lymph nodes ) and M0 ( indicating

no metastasis or spread to the bones )

On 14/8/2015 I had low dose seed brachythrapy at the Royal Surrey Hospital.

I am pleased to say that it is now almost 2 years since the operation and urination , erectile dysfunction and bowel function are

virtually the same as prior to the op.

I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this site.

Kind regards

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 17:23

ROCK ON Brachy guys long may it last.

John

User
Posted 18 Aug 2017 at 11:18

Hi Guys,

Sounds all good news so far,I am 11 months on from my Brachytherapy next week and doing well, off the Tamulosin since April and flow not to bad or though i still get up a couple of times a night but i did for many years before the operation.Happy so far with results but still wonder some times if i should have had the radical removal of the prostate that was offered at the time.

I am still taking the blue pill for ED and it does help but at 71 it could be an age related thing.Next blood test in January for next installment.

Good luck all.

John.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 17:03

Many thanks, banjoman for your encouraging comments. I had brachy at end of Jan this year and hope that this was the correct decision. 

Only time will tell!!

Regards Tom

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 17:23

ROCK ON Brachy guys long may it last.

John

User
Posted 18 Aug 2017 at 10:44

Thank you so much for sharing, I am really glad to hear you are doing well !! This really does shed a ray of hope !!

User
Posted 18 Aug 2017 at 11:18

Hi Guys,

Sounds all good news so far,I am 11 months on from my Brachytherapy next week and doing well, off the Tamulosin since April and flow not to bad or though i still get up a couple of times a night but i did for many years before the operation.Happy so far with results but still wonder some times if i should have had the radical removal of the prostate that was offered at the time.

I am still taking the blue pill for ED and it does help but at 71 it could be an age related thing.Next blood test in January for next installment.

Good luck all.

John.