I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

After enzalutamide, the next step is?

User
Posted 06 Jul 2017 at 20:22
After three weeks of enzalutamide my husband's PSA dropped from 8.7 to 8.1. He had horrible side effects, diarrhoea, lumps in his arms and neck, headaches, loss of cognition and the most awful fatigue. He was so poorly that his consultant said that he should halve the dosage of enzalutamide and take a steroid to get him back on his feet so that would be fit enough to try a different tack. So, my question is what is it to be?
Would be interested in your thoughts
Thanks
User
Posted 08 Jul 2017 at 15:34
Hey

My advice would be to trust your consultant. I eventually realised that was the only option that made any sense.

If your husband is to come off enzalutamide, I guess the next step will depend on what previous treatments he has had.

Abireterone is the other top treatment if he hasn't had that already.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Terry
User
Posted 08 Jul 2017 at 16:24
He did opt for aberaterone, but with his medical history he was advised to try enzalutamide instead, sadly it hasn't worked out for him. Just wondered if anyone was in a similar situation.
Anyway if the next two weeks on a lower dose of enzalutamide plus the steroids doesn't do the trick he will have a break to get over the attempt and improve his fitness for the next step which I'm guessing could be docetaxel
User
Posted 08 Jul 2017 at 17:18

Going by my treatments so far, I suspect your guess regarding docetaxel is correct.