I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Cancer in Lymph Nodes and EBRT

User
Posted 11 Jul 2017 at 20:22

I had RALP three weeks ago and because MRI showed possible cancer outside the gland they removed 14 nodes of which 2 were cancerous. My consultant says I will now need EBRT but nothing will happen until my next appointment in four weeks when they'll check PSA level. I guess the idea is to ensure there is no more cancer. I hardly dare ask but is EBRT usually successful in these circumstances? I'm grateful for any responses thanks. Nigel

User
Posted 11 Jul 2017 at 20:22

I had RALP three weeks ago and because MRI showed possible cancer outside the gland they removed 14 nodes of which 2 were cancerous. My consultant says I will now need EBRT but nothing will happen until my next appointment in four weeks when they'll check PSA level. I guess the idea is to ensure there is no more cancer. I hardly dare ask but is EBRT usually successful in these circumstances? I'm grateful for any responses thanks. Nigel

User
Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 06:55

Depends on your post op psa as well. I had 5 of 18 lymphs removed cancerous , but due to high and rapidly doubling psa they said RT wouldn't be curative , so I've still not had it. Did a year of HT , body back to normal and excellent erectile function etc. I'm having a hormone holiday but psa romping away again. I'm enjoying zero treatment tbh

User
Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 11:40

Nigel,

For some yes, for others no but RT will improve odds!!

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 07:29

Hi Nigel
I'm hoping so! I had the same, and the RT also zapped the lymph node areas as well as the prostate bed. Also on HT for 2 years. If nothing else, it's deferred any worry about PSA levels until the end of HT...

cheers
Graham

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 11:17

Hi Graham,
That's reassuring..thanks so much for your response. Hope all goes well for you.
Nigel

User
Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 06:55

Depends on your post op psa as well. I had 5 of 18 lymphs removed cancerous , but due to high and rapidly doubling psa they said RT wouldn't be curative , so I've still not had it. Did a year of HT , body back to normal and excellent erectile function etc. I'm having a hormone holiday but psa romping away again. I'm enjoying zero treatment tbh

User
Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 11:40

Nigel,

For some yes, for others no but RT will improve odds!!

Barry