I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA still rising on Abiraterone

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 14:47
Just had my latest blood test results having been on Abiraterone for the last 18 months.

My last 2 PSA results have been 10.6 and 22.4 It has now risen to 35.6 and I'm understandably worried.

I have previously had HRT, Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy all of which managed to reduce PSA levels to 0.1 or thereabouts in each case.

I'm due to see my oncologist on Monday 17th. and worry what there is left. If any fellow sufferers out there who are in, or have been, in a similar situation can enlighten me,and maybe waylay my impending fears,I would be very grateful.

Kindest Regards

Alan

User
Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 19:38
Aidee

Do you know what you ALP is? Our oncologist has said that Radium 223, which is our next treatment doesn't generally lower PSAbut they look at the ALP instead to see if it's working. I take it you haven't had Radium treatment yet? It's one injection, once a month for six months. The heavy metal is attracted to bone destruction and kills the cancer in that area. (My summary). I'm not sure if you have to have this before chemo etc, I'm sure others will know. My hubby hasn't had chemo or abiraterone/enzo yet.

Devonmaid

User
Posted 27 Jul 2017 at 19:31

Brilliant :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Jul 2017 at 20:00
Hi Alan ,

Not sure if you follow my posts but Trevor has had rise on rise in PSA on Abbi for the last two years but our oncology has kept him going on Abbi and it seems something not sure what has suddenly halved his PSA since in the last few weeks . So hang in there miracles do happen.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 19:38
Aidee

Do you know what you ALP is? Our oncologist has said that Radium 223, which is our next treatment doesn't generally lower PSAbut they look at the ALP instead to see if it's working. I take it you haven't had Radium treatment yet? It's one injection, once a month for six months. The heavy metal is attracted to bone destruction and kills the cancer in that area. (My summary). I'm not sure if you have to have this before chemo etc, I'm sure others will know. My hubby hasn't had chemo or abiraterone/enzo yet.

Devonmaid

User
Posted 27 Jul 2017 at 19:05
Well,visit with Onco was a revelation. I expected to hear the worst result from my CT scan.

The first thing he said was, it is good news. The bone cancer in my bones had considerably reduced since my last CT scan.

He said this is very important,despite the obvious rises in my PSA,the important thing is the cancer had reduced considerably.

Wow ! Still reeling from this news and obviously overjoyed. To this end,he is keeping me on Abiraterone until further notice.

My next blood test and Onco appointment is in October.

Regards To All

Alan

User
Posted 27 Jul 2017 at 19:31

Brilliant :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Jul 2017 at 20:00
Hi Alan ,

Not sure if you follow my posts but Trevor has had rise on rise in PSA on Abbi for the last two years but our oncology has kept him going on Abbi and it seems something not sure what has suddenly halved his PSA since in the last few weeks . So hang in there miracles do happen.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 05 Jan 2023 at 06:59

Abiraterone without a prescription - topeuro-shop.com Abiraterone immediately halted the doubling of my PSA level and has, in 3+ months, reduced the PSA from approximately 400 to 5.7! I am feeling MUCH better and functioning MUCH more normally.

Edited by member 16 Aug 2023 at 10:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Jan 2023 at 15:28

Elekjee, Trevor passed away in 2017 so not sure why you posted this here as it hasn’t been updated since. 

Ido4