I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

post biopsy psa

User
Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 20:48

5 weeks after biopsy had my psa done its the highest its been 4.3  I hope this is due to the biopsy

User
Posted 14 Jul 2017 at 21:00

Might be giving you the option another biopsy or monitor. I know its concerning but the upside is they're taking an interest, some guys with a low PSA get shrugged off.

Don't forget thus far you're still in the cure camp.

Ray

User
Posted 15 Jul 2017 at 18:06

I've recently had 2 urgent refferals, both fine. Whilst NHS get it wrong at times I could not fault any part of the service.

Do remember PSA before treatment is only a guide because your prostate will still have its normal PSA fluctuations. Thus its a limited help in knowing what's going on. My profile shows even with a radiated prostate PSA moves about a bit.

Ray

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Jul 2017 at 08:46

Possibly some however your profile shows PSA before biopsy was around the 4 mark so no significant increase. Further monitoring to see if PSA continues to increase.

Ray

User
Posted 14 Jul 2017 at 19:55

doc has asked me to see him bit worried now

User
Posted 14 Jul 2017 at 21:00

Might be giving you the option another biopsy or monitor. I know its concerning but the upside is they're taking an interest, some guys with a low PSA get shrugged off.

Don't forget thus far you're still in the cure camp.

Ray

User
Posted 15 Jul 2017 at 07:50

I am lucky in the fact that I work in oncology and hematology at a large hospital in Cornwall so my care is being carried out by my workmates in my department , this has been great and thank god we have the NHS. going to have another PSA in august to see if there is any change. Sadly i seem to have become obsessed with having PSA tests ,I suppose its because i have a need to know whats going on all the time and being a health professional we make hopeless patents

User
Posted 15 Jul 2017 at 18:06

I've recently had 2 urgent refferals, both fine. Whilst NHS get it wrong at times I could not fault any part of the service.

Do remember PSA before treatment is only a guide because your prostate will still have its normal PSA fluctuations. Thus its a limited help in knowing what's going on. My profile shows even with a radiated prostate PSA moves about a bit.

Ray