I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide now aberaterone any hints? Tips?

User
Posted 20 Jul 2017 at 21:16
My other half had horrible side effects from enzalutamide and his PSA dropped from 8.7 to 8.2 after thre weeks, so his consultant suggested that he try Hal the dosage plus a daily steroid for two weeks, the results were that he felt so much better and his PSA dropped to 7.1.

Now he's having a two week break just to set him up for aberaterone.

I was wondering if the two drugs have similar actions and similar listed side effects has anyone experienced the change and whether they had stage side effects.

It was quite scary with the enzalutamide he was so poorly and really down, I've never experienced him like this, just hoping that aberaterone plus steroids will do the trick

User
Posted 21 Jul 2017 at 17:31

I haven't had Enzo and won't be offered it because I have had Abiraterone. It worked for a couple of years or so and then plainly wasn't hacking it so I went on to Docetaxel, which I am six tenths of the way through. I can honestly say that I had no side effects at all, additional to those of Zoladex, which I continue to have injected at 12 weekly interval. Much easier than docetaxel! My impression from this site and others is that Abi is easier to take than Enzo. I hope your OH finds this is so, too. It is certainly worth a try in his situation.

Good Luck.

AC

User
Posted 22 Jul 2017 at 23:44

Hi
I'm not sure if it helps but I've been on enza now for 30 months without significant side effects.
I was also on abiraterone but stopped it due to bad stomachs after 3 months from dx.
These two medications seem to work similarly but can give different side effects to different people.
Enza has helped to control my Pca and hopefully will carry on.
I hope the Abbie does the same for your OH.
Good luck

Paul

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Jul 2017 at 17:31

I haven't had Enzo and won't be offered it because I have had Abiraterone. It worked for a couple of years or so and then plainly wasn't hacking it so I went on to Docetaxel, which I am six tenths of the way through. I can honestly say that I had no side effects at all, additional to those of Zoladex, which I continue to have injected at 12 weekly interval. Much easier than docetaxel! My impression from this site and others is that Abi is easier to take than Enzo. I hope your OH finds this is so, too. It is certainly worth a try in his situation.

Good Luck.

AC

User
Posted 21 Jul 2017 at 19:11
He has a window of opportunity to take abiraterone it seems that if they change the medication within three months then it can be approved so here's hoping that it does the trick .
User
Posted 22 Jul 2017 at 23:44

Hi
I'm not sure if it helps but I've been on enza now for 30 months without significant side effects.
I was also on abiraterone but stopped it due to bad stomachs after 3 months from dx.
These two medications seem to work similarly but can give different side effects to different people.
Enza has helped to control my Pca and hopefully will carry on.
I hope the Abbie does the same for your OH.
Good luck

Paul