I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

2 weeks after 33 sessions of srp

User
Posted 17 Sep 2017 at 20:22
Just finished 33 sessions of salvage rp not goin to lie its been tough 2 weeks after last session and tryin to control water works is a nightmare goin for a wee is painfull as hell and the feeling that you need to wee is constant ! Any one else been there !! Need some feedback

User
Posted 17 Sep 2017 at 21:58
Charlie

I also suffered with painful urinating a couple of weeks after SRT. I was warned that a couple of weeks post SRT the side effects might be at thier worst. Hopefully it will soon start to settle. Keep your fluid intake up.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 18 Sep 2017 at 15:02

Hello
I didn't enjoy my RT at all, and would have been overjoyed at the end of the 33rd one if I had the energy - it really flattened me. The symptoms increased in severity for 2 weeks after the finish, stayed at that plateau for around 4 weeks then gradually started abating. It seems that whilst some are largely unaffected by RT, others get hammered by it. My guess is that continence control will resume, though you have my sympathies waiting for it. I did revert back to pelvic floor exercises for a while, which I think may have helped. The fatigue on the other hand is much harder work.

User
Posted 26 Sep 2017 at 22:55
Charlie

I am now 4 months post SRT " but" I do have a SP catheter. I am still passing blood, blood clots and debris. I saw my consultant today he is not concerned about the blood etc. We are all different.

Thanks Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Sep 2017 at 21:15
Charlie - sorry to hear this. Hope it resolves itself quickly. Others seem to sail through theirs. I have my next PSA test tomorrow with results and oncology consultation on Wednesday. I've been told that I will most likely need salvage radiotherapy.

Fingers crossed for you.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 17 Sep 2017 at 21:58
Charlie

I also suffered with painful urinating a couple of weeks after SRT. I was warned that a couple of weeks post SRT the side effects might be at thier worst. Hopefully it will soon start to settle. Keep your fluid intake up.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 18 Sep 2017 at 15:02

Hello
I didn't enjoy my RT at all, and would have been overjoyed at the end of the 33rd one if I had the energy - it really flattened me. The symptoms increased in severity for 2 weeks after the finish, stayed at that plateau for around 4 weeks then gradually started abating. It seems that whilst some are largely unaffected by RT, others get hammered by it. My guess is that continence control will resume, though you have my sympathies waiting for it. I did revert back to pelvic floor exercises for a while, which I think may have helped. The fatigue on the other hand is much harder work.

User
Posted 26 Sep 2017 at 20:41

Now just over 3 weeks after rt pain when weeing eased of just had 2 days of weeing blood and small clots still feel the constant need to wee but things sre getting better ! Onwards an upwards !

User
Posted 26 Sep 2017 at 22:55
Charlie

I am now 4 months post SRT " but" I do have a SP catheter. I am still passing blood, blood clots and debris. I saw my consultant today he is not concerned about the blood etc. We are all different.

Thanks Chris