I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Latest Update cancer return

User
Posted 18 Sep 2017 at 21:18

I was told today my cancer has returned ( out side prostate area )and have to have hormone injection again maybe for life and have to make mind up about chemo have any of you had this experience and what sort of things to expect also is it worth going through chemo.

cheers all Richard

User
Posted 19 Sep 2017 at 07:30

Hi Richard,

I wont bore you with my history , you can read my profile,

Just to say my cancer has returned, {Recurrent Cancer} 

Early chemo is showing best results then lifetime hormones ,I start 1st chemo tomorrow 

Regards Barry

User
Posted 19 Sep 2017 at 08:38
Best of luck with chemo mine will start in four weeks but am having hormone injection as well I will read your profile later. I was told as I drive for a living it may be best to take time off work while on chemo.
User
Posted 19 Sep 2017 at 13:28

Hi Richard,

I am currently going through what you describe. Take a look at my profile. I started on Prostap Hormone injections in May, by August PSA was down from 54.7 to 1.9. Started Chemo 4 weeks ago, just had my second cycle. Not easy but after lengthy discussions with the Oncologist and team and my family we decided on an aggressive approach. The decision is never easy and I am sure there are those that would not opt for Chemo. For me it became a no brainer but that is just me.

Happy to keep in touch and let you know how the Chemo goes for me over the next 16 or so weeks. I update my profile pretty regularly.

Ian

User
Posted 19 Sep 2017 at 20:40
Richard, my husband finished 6 rounds of chemo at the end of June. He is a black cab driver and didn't miss a single day of work all through his chemo. See how you go lovely and I would say don't make any decisions until you see how you are. The very best of luck. Debbie xx
Debbie xxx
User
Posted 23 Sep 2017 at 09:03

Thanks for the info I,am off work at the moment and was going to start again this Monday but they do not know how long contract is for so may just stay as I am for now ( was a black cab driver gave badge up 1994) I start second round of hormone injections in three weeks so door open in the winter to cool down lol.

User
Posted 23 Sep 2017 at 11:03

Hi ,

Yes I forgot to say  I also started hormones {PROSTAP} before early Chemo,

Had first Chemo on the 21st two days ago had a few issues during the infusion and steroids are keeping me awake,

good luck to you

Barry

User
Posted 25 Sep 2017 at 19:28

There are so many different combinations of drugs etc and we all react differently so no idea what I will be going through until I say yes or no to chemo on the 9th Oct. Just good to chat to someone now and then.