I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA rise on Enzalutamide

User
Posted 21 Sep 2017 at 15:51
My husband has been on enzalutamide since November 2016. His PSA has been stable at 5.8 for the last 6 months. His latest bloods show a rise in his PSA to 19. I know this can happen on enzalutamide, just wondered if anyone has had this happen to them or their husband/partner? Just after a little support, of any kind, we go to see oncologist on the 25th. Regards Nicola
User
Posted 21 Sep 2017 at 19:40

Yes, that happened to me, click on my name and see my profile, the PSA started to rise and then the Enzo fought back. I hope it's the same for you.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2017 at 20:35

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Kieron had repeat scan in March this year, which showed all lymph nodes have reduced back, since previous scan in November 2016 and he had his bilateral neprostomy removed. Kieron has had no side effects from the enzo, which we are really pleased about. This PSA result has floored us both as he is so well on the enzo, we have a 12 year old daughter, and a 21 year old son. It is so hard to try to explain things to our daughter as she can only see that Kieron looks so well, which I know is really good.
Regards Nicola and Kieron

User
Posted 26 Sep 2017 at 03:37

Post update

We saw the oncologist yesterday, Kieron needs to repeat his PSA in 4 weeks. If it confirms another rise, he will have repeat bone and CT scan. So the rollercoaster starts again. The waiting is the hardest I am sure you all agree. He is also being referred for possible genetic testing for BRACA 2 gene. Trying to keep positive.

Regards Nicola