Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Any hope?

User
Posted 29 Sep 2017 at 10:58
Hi,

This is the first time I have posted and would appreciate any positive advice. Hubby was diagnosed in March 2015 . I don't know the Gleason score exactly)my choice as I didn't want to start looking up stats) but I know that it has spread out of the prostate, into the pelvic nodes but not the bones.

Hubby had a year of prostate and casodex before starting radiotherapy.

His psa fell to 0.7 nadir but has risen over the past 2 checks and is now 2.1

He hasn't been feeling well, pain, reduced appetite and bowel disturbance and got an ultrasound on tues which showed "spots on the liver"

He goes for a cat today and we have oncologist on Monday.

Any advice on what sort of questions I could ask. I am hopeful he may get more treatment to contain things but am not sure as his liver enzymes are raised.

thanks in advance!

User
Posted 29 Sep 2017 at 20:17
I hope that you will be able to get some answers quickly next week, as the waiting is the worst bit.

Is your OH still on the hormone treatment Prostap or has this been stopped? If so - they may want to restart it.

If he is still on HT they may want to change it to another drug.

I cannot comment ref the liver but am sure that there are lots more things that the Drs can do.

Your hubby is getting treated quickly as a result of his rise in PSA which shows that they are on the ball and ready to tackle the problem!

Good luck and I hope others will be along to advise soon.

Alison

User
Posted 29 Sep 2017 at 20:29
I don't know how helpful this will be but my hubby appeared to have had a drastic reaction to casodex and also had raised liver enzymes and spots on the liver. He had an infected bile duct as well and ended up having his gall bladder removed. To this day I do not know if it was the casodex or if he had gall bladder disease before he went in it (no symptoms at all previously), but the oncologist is adamant that is was the casodex.

The liver spots went away after he came off casodex.

Like I said, I don't know if this is helpful but it is a possibility.

Devonmaid

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Sep 2017 at 20:17
I hope that you will be able to get some answers quickly next week, as the waiting is the worst bit.

Is your OH still on the hormone treatment Prostap or has this been stopped? If so - they may want to restart it.

If he is still on HT they may want to change it to another drug.

I cannot comment ref the liver but am sure that there are lots more things that the Drs can do.

Your hubby is getting treated quickly as a result of his rise in PSA which shows that they are on the ball and ready to tackle the problem!

Good luck and I hope others will be along to advise soon.

Alison

User
Posted 29 Sep 2017 at 20:29
I don't know how helpful this will be but my hubby appeared to have had a drastic reaction to casodex and also had raised liver enzymes and spots on the liver. He had an infected bile duct as well and ended up having his gall bladder removed. To this day I do not know if it was the casodex or if he had gall bladder disease before he went in it (no symptoms at all previously), but the oncologist is adamant that is was the casodex.

The liver spots went away after he came off casodex.

Like I said, I don't know if this is helpful but it is a possibility.

Devonmaid

User
Posted 30 Sep 2017 at 07:35
Thanks for replying it is reassuring to know that others have been there

Yes he is still on ht and has been on casodex too since early on as the prostap alone didnt being down his psa wnough. It was 60 at diagnosis so there was a good response to treatment since he got down to 0.7.

Yes we have a top faciliry dedicated to cancer treatment where we live and that is reassuring. I just feel that we wiĺl be the unlucky ones :( and i am finding it really hard ro get through the waiting time but i know tou have all experienced that too.